Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #1

How are Tracer windows sealed?

Made our first trip from Texas to Colorado and saw our first rain in 37 days. Unfortunately I found 3 leaking windows. My question is, does the factory use bytul tape to seal the windows? I ran down to Wal-Mart and got a tube of silicon and made an emergency repair around the outside of the windows and it slowed to a drip but still leaking. Also, is it suppose to leak through the wedge things in the rail track at the bottom of window?
gimp425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to weiman1983
I'm sorry to hear about the leaks. I'm not sure how Prime Time seals the windows but I had a similar problem with one window on my Lacrosse. At first glance the dealer thought that it may have been my awning bracket that was leaking and the water was coming out the window. Turns out the seal was not installed properly and the dealer had to remove the window and reseal it. If you can bring your trailer to a dealer I would recommend that. Once they replaced the window they did a leak test with me there to show me that it would not leak anymore. It only took a few hours to fix. I'm not sure what you're refering to regarding the wedge in the track. Do you have a picture.
weiman1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
Commercial Member

We use an automotive type bulb seal around the window frames.

Even though we do a lot of testing to catch windows that are improperly sealed, sometimes a modification to the seal is necessary after some use. Please have a dealer look at it ASAP and do not settle for sealing around the perimeter of the window frame as a fix. The window needs to be pulled to make sure everything is correct.

Most times, water in the "track" is indicative of a leak within the window construction and not a leak between the window and the wall of the trailer.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #4

Thanks guys, I will make an appointment with my dealer.
gimp425 is offline   Reply With Quote