Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbowman View Post
I have a question on my 3500, The entrance door is very hard to close and I was wandering if anyone with a Sanibel has any ideas on a fix. The striker plate is adjusted to the max. Thanks Wbowman
Do you have one of the early Sanibels? Those have a magnetic "switch" on the lower part of the door ( switches the led door entry lights on/off ) that can drag on the threshold. Later models have a different setup. Check that first, if not the problem look closely at the door. Does it appear to be sitting square in the frame? It probably is and I think you will likely have to adjust the latch plate. Throw the dead bolt and close the door till the deadbolt is about to hit the frame, can you tell if the bolt is in alignment with the hole for it in the latch plate? You may have to drill different mounting holes to adjust the plate, maybe even enlarge the holes in the door frame a bit. Do it now and get it overwith so you can close the door with one finger and a nice "click"!
Old 06-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #22

Sanibel 3400

Purchased a Sanibel 3400 today, picking it up in three days. Can't wait. One touch auto leveling, 2 AC's, and loads more. This will be our first 5er. We pick it up on Tuesday and leaving for our first trip the following Saturday. Should be fun!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #23

Dealer

Where are you getting from?
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:19 AM   #24

Three Way camper in Marietta, GA
Old 06-18-2012, 07:58 AM   #25

Do only some Sanibel 3500s have auto leveling?
pjsings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:33 AM   #26

Yes, the leveling system is an option. The dealer had three Sanibel's in stock and ours was the only with leveling. We are on our fist trip as I type this and we love this camper. The one touch leveling makes me feel quite lazy, but I like it.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #27

King Pin Safety Latch

wanted to asked you what kind of safety latch do you have on your 5'er? We have just installed the Hitch Pin Lock by Butch Services..Simple to install and should work fine if needed..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P6120039.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	15382  
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote