Old 10-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #31

Great thread! Thanks to all whom have contributed. Many good points made. Often times I forget that problems also offer opportunity. Some days I just don't care to have problems, nor wish to share in opportunity.

Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:54 PM   #32

Ok then so let's

RIP Steve J.

frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #33

Grhodes50 & RV Guy: Please continue your contribution to this forum as in the past. Your insights are valuable and help the participants of this forum.
KAB449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:03 AM   #34
Commercial Member

KAB449 - thanks for the encouragement. I wasn't going anywhere anyway.

I hope Gary continues to be an active participant, too. Obviously, PTM likes the support, but I personally think his enthusiasm for life, camping, family and yes, Prime Time is contagious and brings smiles to many of the particpants on this forum. To me, it's the essence of our lifestyle and the number one benefit of involvement in this Forum.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernsky View Post
I have a 2012 Crusader 320RLT that I bought in 7/11. I have taken 4 trips of 1500 mls or more and every time I came back home I had to take my trailer back to the dealer.
First trip to the dealer the sound bar had to be reattached because it fell out. The black tank flush had to be repaired because of major leak in basement compartment. Lost gray water valve handle.
Second trip to dealer had to replace Microwave because glass fogged up. Lost black water and another gray water handle.
Third and forth time is was more nick nack problems.
Taking a trip around the end of Oct. and wonder if I'm going to have to visit the dealer again.
How many more happy Crusader owners are on first name bassis with you RV service department?

In general, includes ALL NEW UNITS. All of us.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAB449 View Post
Grhodes50 & RV Guy: Please continue your contribution to this forum as in the past. Your insights are valuable and help the participants of this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
KAB449 - thanks for the encouragement. I wasn't going anywhere anyway.

I hope Gary continues to be an active participant, too. Obviously, PTM likes the support, but I personally think his enthusiasm for life, camping, family and yes, Prime Time is contagious and brings smiles to many of the particpants on this forum. To me, it's the essence of our lifestyle and the number one benefit of involvement in this Forum.
Thanks KAB449 & RV Guy.

I have to admit I feel a little ashamed of myself for my involvement with the negative non-sense that has been posted on this thread and others. That’s not the type of person I am, but you wouldn’t be able to tell that from my post. I not only apologize to those that I offended but to all FRF members.
This is a great forum. It has helped me tremendously and I hope that somewhere along the line I have been able to help others.
I will continue to try and help others where I feel I can. I will remain silent on threads that I feel I have nothing of value to offer or if anything I do have to offer has already been posted. I will continue to post welcomes on the “How many of us….” thread until we reach our goal of 100 members. I will continue my support of PT.
I also have made several B.S. posts for fun. I can’t honestly say I will end those post since I am so full of it! Sometimes I just can’t help myself. I do promise to restrain myself as best I can.
One last thing, I hold no ill feelings towards any of my fellow FRF members. They have only stated their opinions and whether I agree with those opinions or not, doesn’t really matter. They have the right to do so.

With all that being said, I'm going fishing. My wife is fishing right now. Now that just ain’t right.
Can you believe I had to return home this morning to do some work! Just thought I would check in on the forum while I was here. Oh well, sometimes things come up at the last minute and you gotta give a little back every now and then, right?

Good luck to all and happy camping!

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #37

I agree with CROCUS, all RV's in the $30 - $50K digit price range are built with the same cost guidelines, using the same workforce. The problems with PT units reported on this Forum to date are really very minor inconviences. Whenever I have a problem with an RV it is an opportunity to buy some better material and rebuild that area of the RV to make this RV, MINE !!!!

Just one minor example, if you have a handle vibrate off the shaft thread of the storage tanks, the DEALER is going to put another one on the shaft, and say done!! A good RV owner leaves the RV in his driveway, obtains the handle from the dealer and installs the handle with RTV, teflon tape, or any other material that insures it will never to come off again, and while your under the unit, do the other handle!!!

If you don't have fun managing, repairing, and installing modifications to your low cost RV you better buy an Airstream and take it to the dealer every time something squeeks.

Prime Time where absolutely amazing when we purchased our unit, there is not enough space to write what they did to ensure we obtained the exact unit we wanted with the desired option combination.

My dealer is useful for doing the annual Safety Inspection to obtain the government required sticker and maybe some warranty parts. ( I have dealt directly with the manufacturers of the appliances with great service over the years) Adding electrical plugs, switches, AV outlets, etc. is all in the challenge of having a better unit to sell than you purchased. It's easy when they are built with glue and staples, everything can be improved!!!!

RVing is a way of life, and camping is a way of life, but that's another story.
Have fun with your RV and make it YOURS !!!
Hensley Arrow Hitch
Average 50-60 nights/yr
Walke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #38

Bought my Flagstaff 13 months ago. Put 4700 miles on it this year and have had zero problems. I take that back as I did have one: a string broke on a shade.

However, I did purchase the 2nd year warranty a couple of months ago just in case my luck runs out.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #39

GEEEEEESH!!!!!!!
Now we're talking about good RV owners????
If all I had was a handle fall off I would certainly go to the dealer and get one instead of hooking up and bringing my trailer to the dealer.
This isn't my first rodeo, I've had six travel trailers and fithwheels and have worked on all of them.
The frustration was in buying a new rig and having to work on it and the pride in ones product. Wondering if it was me or others who had the same problems.
Give it a break people....
Old 12-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #40

Did u just wake up.. lol j/k. This thread is water under the bridge.

Jason and Billie
2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 4X4, QC/SB 5.9L Cummins
15k non-sliding Hidden Hitch (they lied, it's not hidden at all)
2011 Prime Time Crusader 320RLT
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is online now   Reply With Quote