Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #641
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mount Pleasant, NC
Posts: 27
DND,
Hope you have the chance to meet Jeff. Really a nice guy and I feel good about the integrity of the company after meeting him.
Congrats on your new 325! Enjoy!
__________________

__________________
Tbonnett65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #642
Senior Member
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gruene, TX.
Posts: 343
New Crusader 295RST owner as of tomorrow if the creek don't rise. We're signing the papers at 10:00 and we'll pick it up next week...

DW and I are pretty excited...
__________________

__________________
Scratch sends...
'12 nights camped: 12
'13 nights camped: 24
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #643
Junior Member
 
HouSug13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Richmond, TX
Posts: 15
Congrats Scratch!! Excited for y'all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
New Crusader 295RST owner as of tomorrow if the creek don't rise. We're signing the papers at 10:00 and we'll pick it up next week...

DW and I are pretty excited...
__________________
_______________________
Stacie & Tom
2013 Tracer 230FBS Touring Edition
2012 Chevy Avalanche 4WD w/ Equalizer WDH
HouSug13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #644
Toy-aholic
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chalfont, PA
Posts: 697
Bringing home new Crusader 335BHS tomorrow for me

My first 5er!
__________________
2005 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW 6.6 D/A FOR SALE
2013 Crusader 335BHS TE FOR SALE
EXGMTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #645
Senior Member
 
Crusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXGMTech View Post
Bringing home new Crusader 335BHS tomorrow for me

My first 5er!
You will love the pull compared to your trailer !!
__________________
TV= 2012 F-150 FX4 Supercab
FW= 2011 270ret Crusader
Hitch= Reese Pro Series 16K Hitch
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #646
Senior Member
 
another_newfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
New Crusader 295RST owner as of tomorrow if the creek don't rise. We're signing the papers at 10:00 and we'll pick it up next week...

DW and I are pretty excited...
Let us know how the unit is once you take delivery.

We placed our order back in the third week of Jan and ours is supposed to leave the dispatch yard at the factory by weeks end. We are patiently (or not so) waiting.
__________________
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #647
Senior Member
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gruene, TX.
Posts: 343
Just returned from the dealer. They let us test drive it and run it across the scales before our final decision. Towed quite nicely and we are smitten with it. Bottom Line: We signed the papers and will return next Tuesday for PDI and a trip home...

First trip will be to Blanco SP mid-April if we can wait that long...

@HouSug13: Howdy!!
__________________
Scratch sends...
'12 nights camped: 12
'13 nights camped: 24
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #648
Senior Member
 
mdalb20's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Jersey Shore, New Jersey (We Will Rebuild!!)
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
Just returned from the dealer. They let us test drive it and run it across the scales before our final decision. Towed quite nicely and we are smitten with it. Bottom Line: We signed the papers and will return next Tuesday for PDI and a trip home...

First trip will be to Blanco SP mid-April if we can wait that long...

@HouSug13: Howdy!!
Hi May I ask what you will be pulling it with?
__________________
mdalb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #649
Senior Member
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gruene, TX.
Posts: 343
We're pulling with a 2012 Ford F250 XLT 6.7L Diesel... Very pleasant on the interstate, bumpy side roads etc. We already had airbags, so we pumped to 30 lbs for the test pull. I'm sure the airbags are not necessary with this unit; but we used them since they were there. Absolutely no chucking, swaying or porpoising issues during the test drive.

During the 45 minute test pull, we put it under every driving condition we could envision; highway, back roads, hills, tight turns etc; then we put it on the scales to check GVWR, GAWR etc. It passed all our standards with ease. The rig was everything we hoped it would be in terms of comfort in the cockpit... We're fortunate to work with a dealer who actually recommends a test drive before commitment.

The unit's fit/finish and overall profile were well above expectations. I spent about 10 minutes underneath checking for corrosion (superficial surface rust only), then we took about 40 minutes inspecting and operationally checking systems, features etc. Very happy with time well spent. Now to wait until Tuesday...
__________________
Scratch sends...
'12 nights camped: 12
'13 nights camped: 24
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:11 AM   #650
Senior Member
 
mdalb20's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Jersey Shore, New Jersey (We Will Rebuild!!)
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
We're pulling with a 2012 Ford F250 XLT 6.7L Diesel... Very pleasant on the interstate, bumpy side roads etc. We already had airbags, so we pumped to 30 lbs for the test pull. I'm sure the airbags are not necessary with this unit; but we used them since they were there. Absolutely no chucking, swaying or porpoising issues during the test drive.

During the 45 minute test pull, we put it under every driving condition we could envision; highway, back roads, hills, tight turns etc; then we put it on the scales to check GVWR, GAWR etc. It passed all our standards with ease. The rig was everything we hoped it would be in terms of comfort in the cockpit... We're fortunate to work with a dealer who actually recommends a test drive before commitment.

The unit's fit/finish and overall profile were well above expectations. I spent about 10 minutes underneath checking for corrosion (superficial surface rust only), then we took about 40 minutes inspecting and operationally checking systems, features etc. Very happy with time well spent. Now to wait until Tuesday...
Thanks! We are considering this unit but haven't purchased the truck yet. I assumed an F250 would be best but I am not sure about getting Diesel.
__________________

__________________
mdalb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
prime time

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 PM.