Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2016, 11:36 PM   #1141

!!!!! Alright !!!!!!

Congrats to everyone on their new PT campers !!!!

The PT Crew Member Nation just keeps growing !!!!!

grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:53 AM   #1142

As a 2016 Prime Time Crusader 296BHS owner am very happy VS the Keystone that had nothing but problems 100% lemon unit that was purchased in September 2015 as a 2016 model.

One thing I hope Prime Time will do in the future is remove some of the carpet and replace with vinyl, various offerings from Prime Time seem to be loaded with carpet VS other manufactures that have removed carpet (Jayco, Keystone and Grand Design) and I am not talking about the slides its mostly in the living areas. My 296BHS has minimal amount of carpet in the living area and that’s a big plus. Wish my step leading up to the bedroom did not have carpet may look into modifying this because I really dislike it.
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:20 AM   #1143

Quote:
Originally Posted by GChoyke View Post
We have a 2016 Tracer 3175RSD
We are on a 3600 mile trip right now. Like the trailer but am disappointed in some of the quality controls used by Prime Time. No major issues, just little annoyances .
GChoyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:30 AM   #1144

Quote:
No major issues, just little annoyances .
Seems to be the RV standard to be honest, friend purchased a Tiffin allegro over 50 wright ups and they custom ordered the coach, other friend purchased a 50K Grand Design massive water leaks, trim issues massive list of issues just now getting it all ironed out (six months of hassles). Over all Prime Time for the most part seems to be getting most (not all) of it right. Their customer service is lacking I know because I called and it was a less than trilling experience.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:33 AM   #1145

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post
Seems to be the RV standard to be honest, friend purchased a Tiffin allegro over 50 wright ups and they custom ordered the coach, other friend purchased a 50K Grand Design massive water leaks, trim issues massive list of issues just now getting it all ironed out (six months of hassles). Over all Prime Time for the most part seems to be getting most (not all) of it right. Their customer service is lacking I know because I called and it was a less than trilling experience.
Fortunately dealer has been good, so far. Going back in for service once we get back home.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:57 AM   #1146
Campground host Mo. State

2016 crusader 321 RES still ironing out some bugs, otherwise we love it.
Days camped in 2015- 111 in 2016-75 in2017-61
Photogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 12:46 PM   #1147

Quote:
Fortunately dealer has been good, so far. Going back in for service once we get back home.
I think a big part of the ownership experience is having a good dealer to support you unfortunately I don't have that so my hopes are overtime my Crusader will need very little I'm optimistic of course .
Old 07-20-2016, 11:50 PM   #1148

I hate to read about all the quality control issues people are having. Unfortunately this seems to be a widespread problem in the industry and has been for years. We have been very fortunate with our LaCrosse purchased Nov 2010. Starting out there were some minor issues, but I kind of expected there would be.
Currently I guess I'm experiencing my first major issue. Just this week it seems my large slide out motor is fixing to give out on me. It's retracting really slow and has also slowed down when moving out. Battery and all connections are good and everything is well lubricated.
I also hate hearing about the few who are experiencing a lack in customer service from PT. That really kind of surprises me. I have always had a quick response whenever I send a request via PT's contact page on their web site (Prime Time Contact Us). I sent one in the other evening about my slide out and I received a call from PT the next day. If you haven't tried contacting them via their web site, give it a try.
Wishing all of you good luck.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:33 PM   #1149

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
I hate to read about all the quality control issues people are having. Unfortunately this seems to be a widespread problem in the industry and has been for years. We have been very fortunate with our LaCrosse purchased Nov 2010. Starting out there were some minor issues, but I kind of expected there would be.
Currently I guess I'm experiencing my first major issue. Just this week it seems my large slide out motor is fixing to give out on me. It's retracting really slow and has also slowed down when moving out. Battery and all connections are good and everything is well lubricated.
I also hate hearing about the few who are experiencing a lack in customer service from PT. That really kind of surprises me. I have always had a quick response whenever I send a request via PT's contact page on their web site (Prime Time Contact Us). I sent one in the other evening about my slide out and I received a call from PT the next day. If you haven't tried contacting them via their web site, give it a try.
Wishing all of you good luck.

X2 Gary & I had identical units at one time and my Lacrosse NEVER saw the inside of a dealer once we left with it. We used it extensively for 3 solid years before upgrading without any problems.

Now granted, our new PT unit has had problems that were so minor they didn't even warrant the 3 hour trip to the dealer.......and did I mention some of the problem were self inflicted! The only major issue was the communication between the twin A/C's which, after several mobile tech visits I figured out the problem and did a permanent fix myself!

I also second Gary's experience with PT. I too have had nothing but great responses from them.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:53 PM   #1150
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
PT owner

I have had my unit for almost 2 years now, bought new. I had a few minor issues that were botched by a new dealer with start-up issues. I contacted Rick at P/T., who stepped up and got with my dealer, and after a bit, my issues were resolved. I am a happy camper with the way PT served me, and as such, will buy PT again if the time comes. I will add, my dealer now seems to have the act together and is taking care of service correctly. Just be sure to use the reputable tires, even despite the fact mine were a load range above what my unit called for. All 4 separated within the first 200 miles-despite being 2 years old at the time, the spare, also, never on the ground! ....and ...and... I will add, all 5 were warranted by Treaddit, and they stepped up and mailed me a check.

So, if you are having issues, call PT, and they will step it up. I have heard too many horror stories from rv-ers with other brands. My then new '87 StarCraft had 1,000 lb axle and the unit weighed 1900 empty. I know, add the tongue wt taken on the bumper, that still put it 600 lbs over-and that was still empty!! After several tires, alignments, bearings, I put on my own axle and never had another problem for all those years and trips I had it.
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:51 PM   #1151

We have a 2014 crusader 335bhs touring edition and we still have a problem with the 12 volt lights dimming and brightening and ti don't matter where we plug in with 50 amps! The dealer replaced the 12 volt side of our converter and it didn't help!!! Does any one know of this problem and how to fix it??? If so, I would greatly appreciate it!!!!!!
scotty1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:27 PM   #1152

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1966 View Post
We have a 2014 crusader 335bhs touring edition and we still have a problem with the 12 volt lights dimming and brightening and ti don't matter where we plug in with 50 amps! The dealer replaced the 12 volt side of our converter and it didn't help!!! Does any one know of this problem and how to fix it??? If so, I would greatly appreciate it!!!!!!

If the lights are dimming with the water pump cycling on and off every 2 or 3 seconds when using water then it can be fixed by adjusting the pressure screw on the water pump.
That fixed mine.
My pump stays running now even with only a trickle of water.
The pump probably still dims the lights but you don't notice if it isn't every 2 or 3 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Samaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:08 AM   #1153

July 2015.
2015 Tracer 232Air Ultralite
Kathymarie2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:51 AM   #1154

We are hooked up to city water and the pump is off.
scotty1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:59 PM   #1155

Just called dealer to drop off trailer for warranty work on the way home today....can't take it until 8/17. Oh well.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:09 PM   #1156

Congrats Kathymarie2u
Post some pics when you can. I would like to see some pics of your 2015 Tracer 232Air Ultralite since I haven't seen any of the Tracer Air's in person.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:23 AM   #1157

Quote:
Just called dealer to drop off trailer for warranty work on the way home today....can't take it until 8/17. Oh well.
That's not too bad here in South Florida you will wait 60-90 days just to get then who knows how long before they fix it. I really try to fix any minor items I can.

I have fixed on my unit:
Dicor lap sealant were needed on the roof
Adjusted door lock
Fixed the outside fridge cover that was missing one hold down
Fixed sound bar
Fixed TV called manufacturer direct
and lastly reset auto levers working fine now

Minor stuff(for me) not worth the time and effort to take the 5th wheel into the dealer I would burn more & fuel and time so unless its a major item I will fix it myself.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:28 PM   #1158
PT Crew Member - 10/2013

Regarding the lights dimming...We were just at the factory with that issue..for us, one or both of our batteries are bad. The tech said that he used to be a dealer and order average quality batteries by the truck load and about half of them went bad during warranty. He told us to replace at Wal-Mart.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:51 PM   #1159

We bought our 2015 Sanibel 3901 in April and are full timers and love it ! Knock on wood, no issues.
mellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:53 PM   #1160

I don't know how to post pictures! I tried but it didn't work. ��
Kathymarie2u is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prime time