Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2018, 01:02 PM   #1

Included options

Hi
Really not sure best spot to post this.
In doing my research I have found a brochure for the 2016 295RST I am looking at. It does not have the Extreme Weather badge at the door. But according to the brochure below the extra insulation and heating was mandatory ? Does anyone know for sure on this? Or am I reading it wrong? I have included the link below.

https://www.voyagerrv.ca/photos/5561/brochure.pdf

Thank you for any comments

Mark
Irish Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:37 PM   #2

I wouldn't get to held up about the lack of a sticker. most cold weather packages or artic packages or what ever each maker calls them is usually nothing more that a piece of corrugated plastic on the bottom of the trailer.
Discussed often on the forum bout how the packages don't do much and are nothing more then a sticker to make you feel good.

Is the unit sitting on a dealer lot? every unit comes with a build sheet/spec sheet that would show every single option line by line. a good dealer would have that sheet and be happy to show you the sheet for that unit.

I was provided one when I ordered my unit to show exactly how it was going to come/be made.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:59 PM   #3

Thanks Kimber
This is a used unit from a different dealer then it was purchased from. But good advice and I will see if I can locate the build sheet.

Best
Old 12-02-2018, 04:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Mist View Post
Hi
Really not sure best spot to post this.
In doing my research I have found a brochure for the 2016 295RST I am looking at. It does not have the Extreme Weather badge at the door. But according to the brochure below the extra insulation and heating was mandatory ? Does anyone know for sure on this? Or am I reading it wrong? I have included the link below.

https://www.voyagerrv.ca/photos/5561/brochure.pdf

Thank you for any comments

Mark

In looking at the brochure you provided, it looks like after 1/1/2016, the "advantage package" which includes the "thermal package plus" became mandatory. Hence, no need for the badge at the door...possibly. If you have the "Touring Edition" then that incudes the "Extreme Thermal Package" with the extra insulation as shown in the brochure.

So, if your production date was after 1/1/2016 and your decals indicate the "Touring Edition" then, you have the best Crusader offered that year.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:34 PM   #5

Hi Racer
That was my thinking as well.. I also checked the brochure the year before and it offered same.. just surprised they wouldn’t go crazy with all the badges to help sales.. That is what prompted my query .
Thanks for your reply.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:51 AM   #6

Well good news, I purchased the unit after getting from BC to Ontario to do the inspection and found it does have the Extreme winter package sticker by the door.I have been living in it the last week and although it has not been extremely cold I am happy with how easy it is to heat. I have left it winterized so no big worries even if it gets too cold, but fireplace heater and small electric heater keep it comfortable with the furnace coming on when needed.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:47 AM   #7

Congratulations! Our Rockwood has an enclosed underbelly and is good for winter camping BUT we did find out that in order for the package to function we need to run the furnace periodically so warm air circulates in the underbelly. Running the electric fireplace or a Buddy is great and we do but I always try to make sure the furnace is able to run from time to time to take the edge off underneath!

Marty
Old 01-15-2019, 11:04 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Mist View Post
Thanks Kimber
This is a used unit from a different dealer then it was purchased from. But good advice and I will see if I can locate the build sheet.

Best
If the trailer has the original owner's manual and packet of manuals, often the build sheet is in that packet. That depends if original selling dealer or PO put it in of course.

2012 Prime Time Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:11 PM   #9

Hi Chunker
I ended up purchasing the unit and turns out it had everything I was looking for.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Best