Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2015, 03:29 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 5
Inside AC filters

What do y'all do when changing AC filters in the ceiling? We have been just removing the filters and putting in new ones, only problem is that the screws are very hard to reinstall and some of the holes have begun to strip out. Anybody know of a quick change filter system?
__________________

__________________
NotQuiteYet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:01 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Be nice to know year make and model of the unit your working on.
Otherwise most people including me have no idea what your talking about.

Including the a/c you have.
Pictures never hurt!
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:29 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
heavynlori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,070
Inside AC filters

Prime Time units come with the Dometic Quiet Cool 13.5k or 15k units as standard feature

They have no "dump" features or louvers to be open/closed to force more air to other areas - it is ducted more like central air in a S&B and it is considerably more quiet - you can actually watch television at normal decibal levels

There are two vents in the ceiling - one on each side in living area that have fixed metal grates screwed to ceiling.....have never removed ours yet so not sure what goes in there either 😉

The air conditioning comes out of several round louvered vents in the ceiling through out the rv
__________________
heavynlori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:37 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Ddubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sherman Texas
Posts: 262
It is a problem as the screws are just held by thin Sheetrock. I have thought about inserting the collapsible metal anchors so that metal screws can be used but have not gotten around to it yet.
I usually just wash the thin filter material and use it again.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:05 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Prime Time units come with the Dometic Quiet Cool 13.5k or 15k units as standard feature

They have no "dump" features or louvers to be open/closed to force more air to other areas - it is ducted more like central air in a S&B and it is considerably more quiet - you can actually watch television at normal decibal levels

There are two vents in the ceiling - one on each side in living area that have fixed metal grates screwed to ceiling.....have never removed ours yet so not sure what goes in there either 😉

The air conditioning comes out of several round louvered vents in the ceiling through out the rv
This is what I was talking about. Unit is a 2013 Sanibel 3600 (Prime Tme)
__________________
NotQuiteYet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:07 PM   #6
on_the_bayou
 
PrimeTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gibson, Louisiana
Posts: 46
I found 2 (12 x 6) return air vents from atlantasupply.com
About $25 each. I bought a washable, reusable filter and cut it to fit.
Make sure you measure your opening. Atlanta Supply has many different sizes.
This eliminates the need to remove the screws each time. It makes it easy to change and/or clean the filter.
__________________
2012 Crusader 290RLT
2012 Silverado 2500 Duramax (175,000 mi)
Camping:
2012: 4564 mi 31 days - 2013: 6277 mi 38 days
2014: 5146 mi 38 days - 2015: 1200 mi 9 days
2016: 342 mi 2 days - 2017: 2734 mi 22 days
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:41 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 5
This is exactly what we have been looking for. Our Sanibel has two in living area and two in bedroom, we will be ordering 4! Thanks for the input.
__________________
NotQuiteYet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:03 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
BBBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bassett, Va
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime View Post
I found 2 (12 x 6) return air vents from atlantasupply.com
About $25 each. I bought a washable, reusable filter and cut it to fit.
Make sure you measure your opening. Atlanta Supply has many different sizes.
This eliminates the need to remove the screws each time. It makes it easy to change and/or clean the filter.
Which one of the return air vents listed on the Atlanta Supply website did you go with?
__________________
BTCM(SW) Ret USN
2013 Sanibel 3500
2013 Ram Truck 3500 Laramie Longhorn Dually

2017 Days camping-171
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:25 AM   #9
on_the_bayou
 
PrimeTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gibson, Louisiana
Posts: 46
AtlantaSupply.com
Stock #: 60GHFFW12X06
12x6 White Fil. Return
Wall Ceiling Grille 1" Filter
Stamped Steel 60GHFFW

The vent does not come with a filter. I used a filter with a plastic mesh on back side so it would not get sucked into the duct.
The filter was found at Amozon. I cut it to fit the grille frame.
Amazon.com: WEB WPLUS Eco Filter Plus Adjustable Air Filter, 1-Pack: Home Improvement
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Open Vent.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	93267   Click image for larger version

Name:	Open Vent filter removed.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	93268  
__________________
2012 Crusader 290RLT
2012 Silverado 2500 Duramax (175,000 mi)
Camping:
2012: 4564 mi 31 days - 2013: 6277 mi 38 days
2014: 5146 mi 38 days - 2015: 1200 mi 9 days
2016: 342 mi 2 days - 2017: 2734 mi 22 days
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:31 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime View Post
AtlantaSupply.com
Stock #: 60GHFFW12X06
12x6 White Fil. Return
Wall Ceiling Grille 1" Filter
Stamped Steel 60GHFFW

The vent does not come with a filter. I used a filter with a plastic mesh on back side so it would not get sucked into the duct.
The filter was found at Amozon. I cut it to fit the grille frame.
Amazon.com: WEB WPLUS Eco Filter Plus Adjustable Air Filter, 1-Pack: Home Improvement
This is the one only in 14X8. Thanks for this information.
__________________

__________________
NotQuiteYet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.