Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #1

Interested in PT trailer.

Hi, new here and been reading the posts and I must say I'm impressed with the glowing reviews from PT owners.

We are planning to upgrade within the coming year and have been looking till it's all just a blur. If you listen to the Mfgs they are all the best at what they do, but when you read the forums that isnt always the case.

I see that PT used 2 items that impress me very much, one is the Lippert Schwintek slide mechanism and the other is Eternabond. This tells me that PT is not just another RV mfg. but someone who has put some thought into the construction of their units.

With regard to the Ebond sealing, do they use this every where or just on the front and rear cap?

Are the Schwintek slides used on all models or just some?

If we choose PT I'm not sure if we would go with a La Cross or with a Crusader as the jury is out on weather to stay with a TT or move over to a 5er. Length is an issue as we like some of the State and Forrest Service areas where over all length and height is a concern. That is another plus for the PT, their Crusader seems to be lower in overall height that many of the other 5ers.

I like the 303RKS and the 305RES as well as the 290RLT 5er. Not crazy about the Refer placement in that model, would rather have a shorter slide and the refer set out even with the kitchen counter. I don't know if the DW can live with that or not.

All in all this line will definitely be on the short list as they have a dealer only 20 miles away from us.

Thanks
Steve
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #2

PT is a great RV Co. If you go to the PT website you can ask all your questions there, generally the response is super fast. Happy shopping!
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Sometimes the response on the forum is pretty fast, too .

We only use the Schwintek on certain slides - usually small bedroom or wardrobe slides.

The ETERNABOND construction refers to the Aluminum Framed, Laminated Construction we use on the sidewalls, end walls, main floor, slide-out walls, and slide-out roof.

Hope this helps and as was mentioned above, feel free to use the Contact Us feature on our web site:

Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels

or Facebook is another avenue to get your questions answered:

Prime Time Manufacturing | Facebook

Good luck and thanks!

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead View Post
I like the 303RKS and the 305RES as well as the 290RLT 5er. Not crazy about the Refer placement in that model, would rather have a shorter slide and the refer set out even with the kitchen counter. I don't know if the DW can live with that or not.

All in all this line will definitely be on the short list as they have a dealer only 20 miles away from us.

Thanks
Steve
to the forum.

The 303RKS was the first floorplan that we saw and we loved it from the start. However, we did take our time to think about it and looked at several floorplans including the 305 RES, but kept going back to the 303RKS.

The 305RES is a great floorplan with a very large living area, but there are a few reasons we liked the 303RKS better.

First, my wife liked the kitchen in the 303RKS better. More counter space.
Second, the two swivel chairs in the slideout looked like a tight fit to me. In the 303RKS the chairs have more space and a small table between.
Third, the 305RES and 303RKS had the most room at the foot of the bed than any other Lacrosse's, but the linen/wardrobe slide in the 303RKS gives more room to the bathroom and bedroom.

The one thing to look out for on the 303RKS is the tongue weight. They had to move the axles back because of the entry door location which resulted in a heavier tongue weight than other LaCrosse trailers. So be sure your tv has the payload capacity to handle it.

You may have different preferences, but those are the reasons we chose the 303RKS over the 305RES. Either way you won't lose, it's a Prime Time!

Here's the two floorplans;

303RKS

Base Weight - 7,098 lb. (3,220 kg )
Hitch Weight - 953 lb. (432 kg )
Cargo Carrying Capacity - 2,596 lb. (1,178 kg )
Exterior Length - 34 ft. 10 in. (10.6 m)
Exterior Height - 11 ft. 1 in. (3.4 m)
Exterior Width - 96 in. (2.4 m)
Fresh Water Capacity - 48 gal. (182 L)
Black Water Capacity - 30 gal. (114 L)
Gray Water Capacity - 60 gal. (227 L)
Awning Size - 20 ft. (6.1 m)
Tire Size - ST225/75R15/D

305RES

Base Weight - 7,350 lb. (3,334 kg )
Hitch Weight - 749 lb. (340 kg )
Cargo Carrying Capacity - 2,140 lb. (971 kg )
Exterior Length - 34 ft. 8 in. (10.6 m)
Exterior Height - 11 ft. 1 in. (3.4 m)
Exterior Width - 96 in. (2.4 m)
Fresh Water Capacity - 48 gal. (182 L)
Black Water Capacity - 30 gal. (114 L)
Gray Water Capacity - 60 gal. (227 L)
Awning Size - 17 ft. (5.2 m)
Tire Size - ST225/75R15/D
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead View Post

Thanks
Steve
If you decide on the 290RLT you will understand why the refrigerator is in the slide as soon as you see it opened up. I was amazed when I looked at the outside of this 5er and then walked inside with both slides opened. With both slides being about the same length the area between them is open floor space and gives a feeling of being much larger than it is. It is hard to explain, it is just one of those things you have to see in person.
I have not found the refrigerator placement in the slide to be a hinderance, but of course a lot of the decisions that go into the purchase of a new trailer are personal preference and what works for you. Whatever model you decide on you will not be dissapointed in the quality of construction.
KAB449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #6

My wife and I looked for 3+ years. Almost bought a Cougar Xlite, Rockwood, Flagstaff, KZ Spree, Outback, Puma....each time something was just not right...attended at least 6 RV shows. My daughters used to shutter at the thought of another RV show. Finally, by accident, when looking at an Outback, Passport and Sprinter., bumped into this trailer with standard power everything and slam latches. Looked inside and everything looked great. We finally knew this trailer was our match. I was impressed by their seek a leak, rain bay and 25 year warranty on plumbing.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #7

Thanks for the input and opinions, this is what I'm looking for, actual experience and thoughts based on that. We have been looking for a few months and I like the layout and the extras that come in a PT unit.

We went to the PT dealer in our area a couple of days ago and I got to see first hand what the 290 is like. Very nice unit. If I had my druthers though I would like for the cabinet under the TV to be angled like the upper cabinet for more roominess in the dinette area. They didn't have either the 303 or the 305 in stock however so I didn't get to see those. I just can't make up my mind between a 5er and the TT. Lose the use of the PU bed or have the longer towing length of the TT with less storage in the trailer.

I think I saw somewhere that they make some of these units in Oregon, is that so? If so maybe we could go up there and see the plant. And see all the floorplans.

What has been your experience with the Estone countertops?? Are they durable do they mark up easily, are they fixable if you do mark them?

Thanks again

Steve
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #8

So far the E-Stone countertops have been great. They do clean up easy and I don't see any scratches or marks in ours. So as far as fixable, I don't know.

Maybe RV Guy can give you more info.

Here's a couple of pics of our 303RKS kitchen;

grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote