Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2014, 10:12 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrv View Post
Are you sure it's not the fan at the back of the fridge? That can be loud.

2014 295rst champ te
2009 2500hd GMC d/a
It's definitely the converter. If I sit on the stairs next to the breakers, I hear it very clearly. I've tried recording it -- I'll see if it can be heard. My father-in-law can't hear it but me, my wife, kids, and mother-in-law can.

rv.net has a discussion about what may be the same issue.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:09 PM   #22

I am at at beach site campground in Destin and the stupid inverter on my 2015 crusader 294 took a dive. It was the main board. Crusader sent me a new one next day and I swapped it out. Gave no signs the night prior of anything Wrong. Next morning no 12 volt anything worked, auto level system kept screaming low voltage and battery was dead. I restored 12v using the battery charger until board arrived and all is good now. If your inverter fan is running with a light load, then something must be wrong. I can run both ac's and everything else and fan never comes on. Then again, maybe that is why it failed after 8 weeks old?...

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-29-2014, 03:25 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohai View Post
It's definitely the converter. If I sit on the stairs next to the breakers, I hear it very clearly. I've tried recording it -- I'll see if it can be heard. My father-in-law can't hear it but me, my wife, kids, and mother-in-law can.

rv.net has a discussion about what may be the same issue.
I had the same problem, came out to be a bad bearing in the cooling fan. Get it replaced soon because it will fail. Mine was a WFCO, it only has 1 fan that comes on and is veritable speed. I got tired of it and went to a Progressive. It's the exact replacement. It has 2 fans and now I do not here it come on at all. Very easy to replace just wire to wire, takes about a 1/2 hour to do. It also is a true 4 stage charger, WFCO is a 3 stage only. I think mine was the 4600 series that I installed 55 amp .....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:40 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohai View Post
I'm starting to get a bit tired of upgrading all of the things that really should be standard on a decently built RV..... But, thanks for the suggestion on which brand to go to.

I chose Primetime and crusader because I felt, from their website and sales pitch, that they were trying to do more than the other RV manufacturers in regards to quality. Now that I've taken delivery of a new unit my opinion is that PT is just like other manufacturers. Though, they have a good reputation for honoring their warranty. They had to replace my entire LCI auto leveling system (jacks, everything, they could not find the problem so they replaced the entire thing). I'm still waiting for repair parts to come from PT that have been back ordered for two months.

What's kind of sad but funny is that my RV has been at the dealer enough since I bought it that I have yet to rent a place to store it. The leveling system problem really threw them for a loop. They want me to come pick it up again today even though there are still two parts waiting to come from the manufacturer (light and closet door) that might take another month or so to get here.

Anyway, when I get enough time I will write a rant to PT. I think there is an opportunity in the RV market to really provide a solid unit that doesn't require thousands of dollars in upgrades after taking delivery. They just have to choose not to cheap out on everything to start with. Ok, I will end my rant now.
Was your leveling system Electric or Hydraulic? I also agree about having to spend all the extra money for upgrades. I don't care what model you buy, it seems that they all have there share of problems that need to get worked out....Hope all works out for you soon. I also know for fact that most parts that are big they wait for a new trailer being delv. to that dealer and put it with that. I waited 2 mos for a new ladder, and came inside a new unit being delv. that's so they don't have to pay shipping on big items, that ups can't delv.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter