Old 04-30-2015, 10:08 AM   #1

Inverter Location?

When we did our walk thru on our 2016 Sanibel 3601, we were told the refrigerator would only work when we plugged into shore power. Since then, we ran across a large colored flyer in the drawer of user manuals that mentions turning the inverter on to operate from the battery, only drawing 1.2 amps, etc. We were also told that a rocker switch in the controls was there for a future option. Our finance guy at the dealer confirmed that we should be able to operate the refrigerator from the inverter. So the question is, where is the inverter located, where's the remote located, and does the rocker switch in the main control panel turn the inverter on and off? It would really be great to have a set of schematics or wiring diagrams for the Sanibel to answer a lot of questions that are now just coming up.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:08 AM   #2

In my crusader there is a white panel next to the main control that switches the inverter on. You have the press and hold the switch for it to switch over to battery, the indicator will light up green when turned on. My inverter is mounted to the ceiling in the garage area next to the level up control panel.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:33 PM   #3

Thank you! I think I have found the inverter switch in our Sanibel 3601 main control panel area. A green indicator does come on after I hold the switch for a couple of seconds. I'll look under for the inverter. I'm hoping it isn't behind the refrigerator.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:24 PM   #4

Here is a photo from the street side baggage compartment, of where our inverter is and a close up of the inverter and transfer switch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1430443372970.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	75774   Click image for larger version

Name:	1430443385570.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	75775  
Old 05-05-2015, 10:33 AM   #5

OnyxSky, thank you for the info. On our Sanibel 3601, the inverter is not located as you show. There is another smaller electronic device, but I'm not sure what it is. It may be the transfer switch, I'll have to look closer.

Tags
cat, inverter, location