Old 07-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #11
I've always washed the roof of all our campers twice a year. Hate doing in but love the way it looks when I'm done.

2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #12
Site Team
Seems I remember reading or being told that the 10 yr roof warranty required proof of annual rubber treatment. Not sure.

2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Reese Revolution Pin, Reese 16K
2008 Tundra Limited Double Cab 5.7L
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #13
we have one of those car wash bays on base near where we store our trailer and the last stall is higher than most, maybe for oversized trucks or trailers. I use that along with a spray bottle with a mixture of 2 ounces of mild laundry detergent to one gallon of water and the soap from the spray wand at the car wash. Roof looks good, continues to be nice and white and has no stains. I'm doing this twice a year, I also bring along my 8 ft latter to help with the cleaning. I figure the $20 spent twice a year will hopefully prevent me from spending $1000's later on in the life of our trailer.....
Day's Camped 2014 - 35 so far
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 2809W
2004 Dodge Ram 5.7L 4X4 Quad
dfskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:26 AM   #14
Always listen to the manufacturer!!! I can not stress this enough. Especially when warranties are involved. If you have a problem in the future they will ask you what you did. Give them the answer they recommended to you or you will be sorry.

Ask me how I know this.

2013 Berkshire 390 BH
2013 Berkshire 390BH
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:51 PM   #15
Jomax for roof cleaning

Just cleaned the roof of our 2007 RKBS today. It was full of dark spots and dirt. Used a product I got from Lowes called JOMAX. Mix with bleach and water in a garden sprayer. Sprayed the camper sides very well first, sprayed the edges of the top second, went up on the roof and sprayed away. It got white before my eyes. After through rinse I washed it with rubber roof cleaner and treatment. It looks absolutely like new. Product has no petroleum. Make sure you wash the camper sides after you finish the roof.
sc_cmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:47 PM   #16
Be very careful using bleach. It is a very caustic chemical and will damage plastic and rubber surfaces over time. It looks good for now but every time you use it damage is done to the surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Phil and Dianna
2011 Berkshire 390 RB
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:28 PM   #17
I did mine last weekend. Used the rubber roof cleaner. Ran out towards the end and used Dawn to finish.Didn't seem like much of a difference so I may use Dawn the next time
mdalb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:04 PM   #18
I just cleaned my roof today I used the 2 step cleaner conditioner and second step is the UV protectant. Wasn't that impressed with the cleaner. Oh it cleaned it but didn't take all the stains out from the a/c unit and left most if not all of the little black spots. My roof is less than a year from manufacture date. Going to apply the UV stuff this evening. This stuff is called Pro Tec. It does look better but heck the roof is new. Hope the UV stuff works better.

2014 Palomino Columbus 3650TH
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote

roo, roof