Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2011, 10:33 AM   #1

J Molding

Does the J Moliding on the Tracer (2670BHS) come pre-painted?

I damaged this molding on my camper and the dealer is saying it may need to be painted, so they are tacking-on a paint charge to the repair price.

Thanks,
Dwayne
dapersico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #2

That's a question that probably only Prime Time answer.
Here's a link to their contact page;
Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Although I'm not exactly sure what a J-Molding is, most of our exterior trim pieces are pre-painted white. If you want to contact our customer service department they should be able to answer for sure.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:04 AM   #4

The Dealer is calling the part pointed to by the yellow arrow the "J-Moliding". I damaged both the part pointed to by the yellow and red arrows. Luckily there was no damage to anything else.

Dwayne
Old 08-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Hmmm - LOL - I think what we are talking about is the flat trim that covers the transition between the fiberglass and metal skirting. It has a plastic insert in the middle that covers the screws. If that's the case, there are millions of variations out there but ours comes pre-painted. However, maybe it's more cost effective to use a mill finish part and paint for the dealer. I don't know.

Not sure I'm helping much . . .
Old 08-18-2011, 09:09 AM   #6

Yes, thats the part I am talking about. I am demanding new parts since it is a new trailer and since I am paying for it! I just want to make sure that if it does come pre-painted that the dealer is not going to try and use a different part or try to charge me for painting. Their repair charges already seem astronomical to me!

Thanks again,
Dwayne
Old 08-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #7

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
I believe you damaged the skirting right ? The Gold colored part correct? or what RV Guy is talking about the white rail for attaching the skirting to the camper wall ?? I would think the Gold doesn't painting. If I'm way off base please forget my post.

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:08 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Just a comment - before they call us and order a piece of pre-painted molding that we would have to ship out in a rather long tube (maybe up to 12') it MIGHT be more cost effective for them to paint a mill finish part they have in inventory.

I have no way of knowing the details but I wanted to throw that out. We will be glad to help if we can
Old 08-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #9

Thanks!

I going to let them replace the moldings with the pre-painted ones just to be safe.

Dwayne