Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #1

Key Pad door lock

The keypad door lock fell off our 4 month old 305 res. It still works well, even up to about 20 feet away.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you re-attach it. Another thought is how long will the battery last, and how do you replace it?

Thanks for the help,
Ken
TDewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #2

Attach it with some double sided tape, such as 3M brand.

I don't know how long the battery last, but I would replace it while you have the chance. No telling how old the battery was when they installed it in the keypad and no telling how long the keypad sat on a shelf until they installed it on your trailer.

How are you liking your 305res. Lots of room in the living area. Looked at one on our dealers lot, very nice trailer.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Attach it with some double sided tape, such as 3M brand.

How are you liking your 305res. Lots of room in the living area. Looked at one on our dealers lot, very nice trailer.
We really enjoy the trailer, it is the first one we have ever had, we had been looking for a few years before seeing this one. We like the space and it will allow the gr&sons to go along to the beach for our fourth outing next week.

Ken
TDewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDewy View Post
We really enjoy the trailer, it is the first one we have ever had, we had been looking for a few years before seeing this one. We like the space and it will allow the gr&sons to go along to the beach for our fourth outing next week.

Ken
That's great. We camp with our grand daughters alot of the time. Love every minute of it and they do to.
They sleep on the sofa's air mattress, unless I come in late from sittin' round the campfire only to find that they have taken my spot, in my bed!.
Then I get to sleep on the air mattress!

Good luck and happy camping!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #5

We had to replace our keypad it stopped working. The first time we re-attached with clear silicone.
Prime Time Crew Member #31
2012 Lacrosse 318BHS
Luvtocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:27 PM   #6

I had the key pad replaced as it chewed up batteries every couple of days, but the receiver on the trailer needs to be coded to match the new pad. I can't find the receiver anywhere in the trailer so I have a new pad that I can't use. Does anyone know where the main receiver is?
Edisonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edisonj View Post
I had the key pad replaced as it chewed up batteries every couple of days, but the receiver on the trailer needs to be coded to match the new pad. I can't find the receiver anywhere in the trailer so I have a new pad that I can't use. Does anyone know where the main receiver is?
to the forum!

What trailer do you have?

On our Prime Time it's located inside the door. You access it by removing the door window.

They replaced ours under warranty, but they replaced everything including the lock. I haven't had any problems since.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:12 PM   #8

I have the 318BHS Touring Edition. Beautiful trailer with lots of comments from passer by's. Do you mean I have to take the main door window out? The receiver is in the frame of the door accessible only through the window opening? I've had the patch off the inside of the door but couldn't find the receiver. I have the instructions of how to change the main receiver to match the new keypad, but couldn't find it.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #9

That's my understanding.

I'll send you a Private Message with more info.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #10

Yes, it is inside the door, we just did this on ours (and had the same questions). It isn't really that hard, you will need 2 people just to make it a little easier. Our has worked ever since. I have found that it unlocks easily but you have to push in on the door just a little get it to lock. Otherwise so far so good.

Good Luck
2012 Lacrosse 318BHS
Old 08-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #11

So after I take out the window, where exactly is the main receiver in the door?
Old 08-17-2011, 12:59 PM   #12

It is in the actual door right in the middle below the bottom of the window. It is a little black box, there is not a lot of wire so be careful when you pull it out to reprogram.
2012 Lacrosse 318BHS
Old 08-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #13

Keypad programming

I programmed the new keypad to the receiver this past weekend without removing the door window. I simply removed the inside moulding and pulled the recceiver up and with a little persuasion, it came out without taking out the window. I made sure that I kept one hand on the outside of the window with pressure on it as the last thing I needed was for it to fall out and smash on the ground. I noticed that the receiver was left in the "learn" mode which is probably why it kept chewing up batteries. It probably didn't even need to be changed once I put the settings in the default position but I had the new one and wasn't taking any chances. Turned out to be a 10 minute job as you need to close the door for programming and the only way to do this without removing the window was to remove the screen door. I think it's a better solution as I didn't have to remove the window, re-caulk it and take a chance for leaks.