Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #1

Keystone or Prime Time Tracer?

I was looking at the Premier Bullet and a guy at our RV park had his there with all kind of issues he said stay away! But I need honest comments. What kind of issues are you Tracer owners having? Please!
goofey chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #2

Which Keystone?
Old 10-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #3

Bullet Premier
Old 10-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #4

There are 13 floor plans which one.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #5

3400 bhpr
Old 10-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #6

We are new Tracer owners ~ only one campout so far, but we have had several campers over the last 15 years. We have a 2011 2905RK Executive Series.

What we like ~ Reasonably good quality build, seems like a midlevel camper to us, which fit our budget nicely. Ours has the power jacks, both front and stablizer; power awning, double slide, and appliances (AC, etc) that seem to work well in our unit. There is a gas hose for a grill to be used outside. The storage space outside is sufficient and DH likes the way the water, etc is enclosed at the hook up site.

What we wish were better ~ I really wanted an outdoor kitchen and this model has none. It also doesn't have a grill that attaches to the outdoor wall for cooking like so many units have. The storage space (cabinets) inside is not optimal and could have been designed much better both in the bath and kitchen.

Overall, we are happy with our camper and feel good about our purchase and the deal we got when we bought it. The items that we wish were different are workable for us so we don't consider them too big of a deal. We looked at Keystone too, and found a unit I really liked but DH wasn't as keen on, the outside looked like it had been baked in the sun and had not held up nearly as well as the Tracer's had. The particular unit we saw also was obviously a lower end unit in the interior finishes, however it really appealed to me. We could have had the exterior worked on and brought up to snuff, but the deal just wasn't there for that unit, so....... the rest is history.

Good luck with your endeavor~~~
Old 10-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #7

We have a 2012 Prime-Time Tracer 2700RES and love it!
No issues yet. We have used it several times including boon-docking in Great Smoky Mountains for 10 days, however I did convert to LED lighting.
It was a great choice for us.

I wish you well in your search.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #8

Prime time VS Keystone

We had a Keystone from 2000-2003, we liked it but ahd problems with the fiberglass outside coat, and a huge leak and wall separation while in storage. by 2003 it was completely unusable. We traded on a smaller unit, then by another company and enjoyed it, but again had problems with leaks (had to have the floor replaced) and the fiberglass skin walls bubbles away from the frame. We now have a 2014 Prime time AVENGER with the Aluminum siding and love it. we have had to have a few things worked on (the antennae was not wired into the TV, and a few other minor things, but it tows well, is well insulated (we live in WV) and love that the Floor and underbelly is heated so we can camp in it year round! THe Customer Service from this company is wonderful!
ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #9
Site Team

I shopped both keystone and prime time. I give the edge in quality to prime time. But I have had my fair share of qc and engineering problems. I had a 2013 tracer and now have a 2014 Lacrosse.
Good luck with what ever you buy!

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #10

we have the 3200BHT and love it. There's 5 of us and it works for us. We to looked at the bullet and went back and forth for a bit with it. I haven't had any major issues with it so far and the customer service from PT is by far some of the best I've encountered. We've owned other campers and never got a response back from their CS, primetime, I get a response back in about 2-4 hours (if not a weekend) with detailed responses or information to my question. That alone these days is a HUGE selling point in my book
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #11

Prime Time TT

This year I bought my first brand new trailer (Tracer 3150BHD) after searching/comparing the market for 6 months. In doing my background I looked at a huge number of RV's. I purchaed mine because of the layout, price and quality.

Total nights out this year was 18 with 3 trips over 200 miles away in both hot (94) and cold (28). I have been very happy with my unit in both its performance and CS as well the few times I have needed them. The only real issue that wasnt very small is I noticed the anchor rivets on my stabilizer jacks have been breaking off. The interesting part is it happened when they jacks were up and not in use.

I have called Prime Time directly with general questions over the past year and I have always had a return call the same day with answers w/o any issues. So far I have been very happy that I chose the Tracer.

Prime Time (Tracer) is a fairly new company but they so far have a very good quality record in the 4-5 yrs they have been in business.
roman253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #12

We have a new 2950 Prime Time Tracer TT and like it thus far, but haven't had enough time for real feedback. We pretty much visited only 3-4 dealerships and decided between a used Airstream Bunkhouse (too heavy for my large SUV) and the Tracer. The Tracer is nice so far, however.
longboard8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prime time