Old 09-13-2014, 02:46 PM   #1

Kitchen Faucet Replacement

2012 Crusader has the E-stone countertop with the two holes for the faucet. The spout has an app. 1" hole while the single control lever hole is app. 1.5" in diameter (Guessing!). I need to replace the entire faucet with another high rise faucet. Has anyone done this? If need be can the spout hole be enlarged with a common hole saws to accomodate a faucet with the single lever mounted on the spout? I do not like the E-stone but have no idea of how to safely drill in it. The ideal faucet would be about 12" tall with a spout reach of 8 or 9".

Old 09-13-2014, 03:14 PM   #2
MC9

When you go to Home Depot to look at faucets you will see how they do it.

Old 09-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #3

Been to Home Depot but did not see how E-stone is handled.
Their faucets will not fit the holes in my countertop. The single handle faucet that is mounted on the spout requires a larger hole than the one the Crusader has.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:41 AM   #4

I replaced the kitchen faucet in my 2014 crusader with no issue. Went to lowes and picked out a standard high rise faucet with pull out spray. I was going to fill the secondary hole with a soap dispenser but it would b too close to the handle so instead used purchased a sink hole plug.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1410705707.410866.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	650.9 KB
ID:	62771

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-14-2014, 10:59 AM   #5

Thanks. Are the 2 holes same diameter?
Old 09-14-2014, 05:04 PM   #6

Lowes Faucet

we no doubt have the same faucet as you..ours went south last weeIOk while we were in OHIO...Went tol lowes, picked up a great one with a lever, goose neck and soap dispenser. We will not use the soap, the lever and handle are a great replacement, painnin the butt to replace, use a log socket and rachet to install lever..price was $138.00...brushed chrome...can't give you the number, can send you a photo if you get me your email address on a private note...kickster
the new one has a sprayer switch also, wf loves it...you will need some other pieces of hardware, 2 adapters and two ss hoses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwing1 View Post
2012 Crusader has the E-stone countertop with the two holes for the faucet. The spout has an app. 1" hole while the single control lever hole is app. 1.5" in diameter (Guessing!). I need to replace the entire faucet with another high rise faucet. Has anyone done this? If need be can the spout hole be enlarged with a common hole saws to accomodate a faucet with the single lever mounted on the spout? I do not like the E-stone but have no idea of how to safely drill in it. The ideal faucet would be about 12" tall with a spout reach of 8 or 9".
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:16 PM   #7

We went the less back breaking route for installation and carefully popped the molding pieces off the back of the sink island then carefully removed the back panel to have direct access to the faucet. Pop it all back together and reinforced it with silicone. We did have to buy 2 connectors for the water lines, 1/2" on one side 3/8" on the other, both male. Installation went super fast!
Old 09-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwing1 View Post

I used a spade drill bit to bore a whole in the kitchen counter to add a soap dispenser. It when through easily and the material was like boring through hard plastic. Took about 10-15 seconds.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:09 PM   #9

Hi Ksilvi
I want to replace my faucet next week but could not possibly see an easy way to crawl under that sink without removing all sorts of things. I love your idea of removing the back panel. When we there there today I actually looked if there was a way to do yajt and did not think of the molding. Is it glued on? Thanks!!
Old 04-26-2015, 09:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdalb20 View Post
Hi Ksilvi
I want to replace my faucet next week but could not possibly see an easy way to crawl under that sink without removing all sorts of things. I love your idea of removing the back panel. When we there there today I actually looked if there was a way to do yajt and did not think of the molding. Is it glued on? Thanks!!

The molding was not glued on. It's either stapled on or nailed on. I can't remember? We just went slow and we're really careful as we went along. Then lined up the holes when we reattached itClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1430097774.050784.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	75335

2014 Crusader 295rst
2014 F150 Fx4

Tags
faucet, replacement