Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1357428689.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	26914

TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #12
Commercial Member

If the hinges were at the rear, this was clearly installed backwards and should have been caught at our place. Sorry for the mistake and it will be handled by warranty. If you're out of warranty and catch some resistance along the way, contact rstickel@forestriverinc.com. He will help you.

PTM

Old 04-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTNewbees View Post
These were taken from front to rear, is this correct? Guess I will talk to general RV as 1 year warranty was up 6 months ago.

This is going to be expensive, as I review closer there is no way to repair it the metal arms and plastic are both broke meaning whole new vent which is cheap but a lot in labor then pray it don't leak.....
Old 04-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Easy fix - no worries.

PTM
Old 04-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
If the hinges were at the rear, this was clearly installed backwards and should have been caught at our place. Sorry for the mistake and it will be handled by warranty. If you're out of warranty and catch some resistance along the way, contact rstickel@forestriverinc.com. He will help you.

PTM
Didn't see your post, thanks I will take it to general RV.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #16
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
X3. And the dealer didn't even catch it??? I'd take a pic and send it to Forest River so they can see why there needs to be more quality control on the line.
Worker education/instruction would be better. All QC can do is check it and write it up. The worker must be instructed and then all QC has to do is check that it is installed correctly. Worked those same type issues for 45 yrs. Management has to insist the workers know and perform their duties in the proper manner. BUT, bottom line, Quality inspector SHOULD have caught this blatant error. But so should the dealer's people, especially the person doing a good PDI. Should never have left the dealer's lot.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post

Worker education/instruction would be better. All QC can do is check it and write it up. The worker must be instructed and then all QC has to do is check that it is installed correctly. Worked those same type issues for 45 yrs. Management has to insist the workers know and perform their duties in the proper manner. BUT, bottom line, Quality inspector SHOULD have caught this blatant error. But so should the dealer's people, especially the person doing a good PDI. Should never have left the dealer's lot.
Although I have only been in mfg for 23 years it is impossible to have a zero defect or preventative quality procedure. We all have good and bad days, busy and slow days. Sometimes things slip through. For me it's about satisfying realistic customer needs. I do disagree with pdi or dealer catching this. Do you try the heater in a new car on a 100 degree day? Or try a/c on a 20 degree day or verify the plumbing works when the unit had been winterized with pink bags on each faucet?

No chance of catching all potential defects on a new unit regardless of you or your dealers preparedness.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #18
Mod free 5er

Quote:
...Do you try the heater in a new car on a 100 degree day? Or try a/c on a 20 degree day or verify the plumbing works when the unit had been winterized with pink bags on each faucet?...
No, but if the bumpers were on upside down, I would expect the dealers man/woman to find it. Nothing to check on the vents other than roll them up to insure they are working. Common sense would tell the tech that "Sumtin don't look rite har."

Bottom line, they didn't check the functionality of the vents at the factory or the dealer. That's the root cause of the problem getting to the customer.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #19

Understood, I am selfishly happy that somebody stands behind it after the warranty is dead. That goes a long way when I get my 5 er this fall.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #20
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Understood, I am selfishly happy that somebody stands behind it after the warranty is dead. That goes a long way when I get my 5 er this fall.
As it should be. Now, you have something else to add to your PDI, make sure the roof vents all open to the rear.