Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #1

Lacrosse 2012 318 BHS Touring Issue

The large slide-out aluminum fascia and plastic wheel shroud is severly bowed outwards. The fascia is hitting the slide height adjusters underneath causing the bow. I also think the wheel shroud is defected causing it to bow out even further.

Anyone else see this with theirs? Any fixes?

The only logical fix would be to cut the fascia so it goes around the height adjuster, but that could make it look worse if done wrong.
Dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #2

It would be best to ask PT about this. Contact them using the contact page on their web site; Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels. They're pretty good at getting back to you quickly and fixing the problem correctly.

You might also post some pics so other 318bhs owners can compare with their tt's. Someone might have an answer for you.

Good luck and I hope this helps.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Many of our models have the adjustment bolts on the slides in spots that "push" the metal or fenderskirts "out". Sometimes we do cut out a small notch in the skirt metal to allow it to sit flatter if it appears excessive. It's a little bit of a judgement call. As you suggested, the cut out notch is sometimes worse than a slight bulge in the metal.
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #4

I'd better take a better look at mine as well! I went up the food chain with my issue: Email your dealership that way you have a record both ways. Then call PT and ask for Roger and his email address. The dealership answered back and also called PT of my issues. Roger called me back and apologized for the missed quality control. Overall, I'm satisfied with the response time and have an appointment with a nearby PT dealer to do the warranty work.
I also have an issue with the facade trim not completely secured and bowing at the ends. A simple fix, but an eye sore just the same. Note aside, this is a good time to have any warranty issue addressed.
RV Guy, good to have a professional on board to help with our PT questions..Thanks.
Good luck Dandy.

Gator14
2012 Lacrosse 318BHS Touring Ed.
gator14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #5

I can probably deal with the fascia bowing slightly but the plastic wheel shroud is extreme. I would bet it flares out at least 8-inches from the side wall of the camper.

This was noted by the dealer at the PDI but I am starting to think I will have to deal withthe issue on my own. I think the shroud may be defective.
Dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Dandy - contact our Customer Service group and exchange emails so you can send us a photo. Let us take a look at it and we will help get it figured out. Start at this link:

Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #7

Could you post a picture of what your talking about? I also have a 2012.....
phrogdriver93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #8
American Dreamer

Dandy did they resolve this?