Old 10-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
DS ADV Rider

Lacrosse 301RLS awing not closing properly

I just noticed that my awing doesn't fully close. As it rolls up, the roller moves slightly towards the front of the trailer so that it is about 1/2" out of alignment at the point of closing and the moving arms cannot fit over the surface-mounted supports.

At first, I noticed that one side was misaligned and thought the wall-mounted support was in the wrong place. Then I noticed that both ends of the roller were misaligned by the same amount and concluded that as the awing was being wrapped on the roller, it was gradually moving the roller to the right until it was unable to fit over the surface mounted parts.

This would be way easier to viualize with a photograph but I forget to get one when I came home yesterday. I'll be back at the trailer in a few days and can get a shot if needed.

I cannot find any reference to being able to adjust the awning initial position on the roller, which I'm presuming is what causes it to go out of alignment. Anyone experienced this and know how to adjust it?

Thanks

Suzuki DR350SE & Suzuki DR650SE
Specialized FSR XC Comp
DualSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #2

Happens to most. With the awning extended, carefully re center the awning material on the roller. Then rivet the material to the roller to keep it centered.

jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
DS ADV Rider

I checked the awning at the weekend and found that if my wife operated the switch, I could push on the right-side support as it closed and it only took a couple of tries to find the pressure needed to wrap it evenly so the moving arms closed completely over the fixed arms.

I checked the awing fully open and couldn't really see a way to re-centre the fabric. We rarely use it, so I'm happy just to push it as it closes.

Thanks.

Bob
Old 10-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSport View Post
I checked the awing fully open and couldn't really see a way to re-centre the fabric.
Just grab an end of the fabric (at the roller) and slide the fabric in the track.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
DS ADV Rider

The fabric seemed quite unmoveable. Just found an internet copy of installation instructions and it's supposed to be secured with a screw. Didn't see one but I'll check next time I have it out (it's in storage and next planned use is for Jan - Apr in Arizona).
Thanks.
Bob
Suzuki DR350SE & Suzuki DR650SE
Specialized FSR XC Comp
DualSport is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lacrosse