The saga continues. Prime Time just phoned me and Roger Stickel and "Rick from engineering" reviewed the problem.
1) The slideout must be open OR you must drill a hole in the slide flange large enough to release the motor securing securing screw.
2) You need to locate the position of the securing screw by sliding fingers between the weather seals for about 3 1/2" and then back towards the motor!
3) The slideout flanges cannot be removed with the slide closed as they are right-angled and screwed to the side of the slide.
4) Lacrosse designers did NOT provide emergency access to the slide motors, and did NOT specify an exact mounting height so the security screw position varies.
5) There are 2 types of motor and VIN # cannot determine which was used. The motor with a Gold coloured base has a 500:1 gearbox, the Silver one is 300:1.
I think I have all I need to start this repair - except for the motivation
. I'd planned to spend all May camping in Bancroft and riding my motorcycles on the great roads and off-road trails in E Ontario and now I'll be hindered by the process of finding which motor I need and getting one shipped to Ontario. (IDEA: I could ride my bike to Indiana and pick one up