Old 04-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #11

Overstock.com has a great 300 dollar memory foam mattress. It is a generic tempurpedic. 8 inch think and is a short queen size...my wife and I are currently on our maiden voyage with our 318... This will be night number 6 on that mattress and we love it....
Can't help with the furnace...we have the ac running not

We did notice a dent in our counter top...and a few other minor things that I am sure the dealer will take care off...so far we love it though...

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:33 AM   #12

We bought our 318 in the Summer of 2010. We traded our 26 bhs for it . In the 1.5 summers we have had it it has been great. We have only had a couple issues. Nothing major though. Only had to miss one weekend of camping due the door not being able to open. My only regret is not waiting another year. the 2012 model was just a little nicer. lol. Totaly agree with Freedom 750 that the furnace is a little loud. Invested in a space heater and that solved that issue. We also found the A/C was louder and rougher running that the Carrier unit in our previous trail. However since we camp usualy in the Alberta Rockies there usually isn't a need for it.

If the weather holds this weekend I am hoping to de-winterize it. However not looking good for that. Just getting antsy to get out. It has been almost 6 months since our last outing.

]
[SIGPIC]
skgeorgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:17 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzy View Post
Overstock.com has a great 300 dollar memory foam mattress. It is a generic tempurpedic. 8 inch think and is a short queen size...my wife and I are currently on our maiden voyage with our 318... This will be night number 6 on that mattress and we love it....
Can't help with the furnace...we have the ac running not

We did notice a dent in our counter top...and a few other minor things that I am sure the dealer will take care off...so far we love it though...
I read up on this mattress and it says that it has 6" of heavy dense foam and 2" of light foam. Would keeping the old mattress which is dense (very very dense) and adding 2" of memory foam be the same as buying this 8" mattress or ???
Old 04-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #14

I have a 3 inch memory foam topper from the bed in my boat...I tried that and it felt exactly like you are saying....it sank and then was hard....this mattress is comfortable all around..your body sinks a little and the mattress conforms to it...doesn't disturb My wife or anything...been sleeping on it a week now...it is fantastic...in my opinion...and I have a bad back to boot..

Old 06-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #15

Been looking at bunkhouse travel trailers for some time now. Recently discovered the 2013 318 BHS. My family fell in love with it. However, today we also discovered the Forest River Surveyor SV 305 with a sectional sofa instead of the split couch/u-dinette configuration. The SV-305 also has a wider/bigger awning and a step down bunkhouse with extra storage that seemed nice. However, the interior quality seemed a level below the 318 BHS and the 318 BHS has a door going from outside to the bathroom. Of these differences the sectional sofa is a must, we loved that configuration. I have searched the Primetime wedsite without much luck finding a sectional sofa option. Since Primetime is associated with forest river, does any one know if I could order a sectional sofa for a 318 BHS instead of the U-dinette/couch configuration. Or better yet order it from Primetime that way. If not, does anyone know of any other bunkhouse travel trailers that has a sectional sofa option?
Old 06-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #16

RV guy might be able to answer that one for you...if you can't get it from prime time but love the 318 you an always modify it after you get it.
We love ours and looked a ton and bunkhouses. I have never seen one configured the way you described.
Good luck with the search..

Old 06-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #17
Commercial Member

wdan - are you referring to the "giant U sofa" that has a stand alone dinette table with pedestal in the middle of it?
Old 06-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #18

I believe you are referring to the U shaped dinnette. I am referring to a large sectional/lounge sofa that fits between the walls of the slide out and replaces the U-dinette and "love" seat sofa. I saw this sectional sofa yesterday in a SV-305 TT. It did come with a kidney shaped dinette table and an ottoman that stowed within the sectional couch. We like the 318 BHS overall better, but also really like this large sectional sofa instead of the U-dinette/Love seat combo. If I could get a 318 BHS with this large, slide out filling sectional sofa configuration my progblem is solved. Thanks for your input.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #19
Commercial Member

See this link - is this what you are referring to?

Surveyor Ultralight Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels by Forest River
Old 06-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #20

Yes, that is the sectional sofa I am referring to. I would like to have that one or one similar for a Luxuray Lacrosse 318 BHS. Thanks again.