Old 06-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #31

A pedestal table would be a problem unless the bas was very large or bolted to the floor. This of a small child scooting around to get in, and putting all their weight on the table as they do.

I find the dinette fairly uncomfortable. The cushions smoosh down and you are sitting on the wood at the edges. I wish we had gone with the free standing dinette.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #32

yes, the table in my boat has the base mounted to the floor, but the table is still removable.

if a foot based "base" was used used, you are right...it would have to be large enough. However, this does not mean bulky. if constructed correctly, 4-6 lightweight 12" feet would be more than adequate....unless your kids are 200+lbs like me...then it could be a problem! LOL

personally i would be willing to lose the mobility, to gain the easier adjustment, and more practical usage from a single pedestal. After all it is a dinette and bed first and foremost. It was clever thinking of prime to try and make the table MORE useful, but in doing so, they kinda lost focus on the things you MUST use it for....of course if they put a mount in front of the couch (to use as coffee table) and also included a "mobile mount kit" so you could use it outside, then there we go......back to perfect again....haha

2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #33
Commercial Member

Good stuff, folks - this is a Hall of Fame thread for consumer feedback. Thanks.

PTM
Old 06-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #34

if any of our ideas/feedback make it into production, let us know.....and maybe toss us a coupon to TGI fridays.....or Camping World!! LOL...but seriously....
Old 06-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #35
Commercial Member

I gotta get wdan on board with Prime Time first
Old 06-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #36

Well, you know the old saying about a horse and water?...lol....

You guys are doing things right. Offer an exceptional value.... the things most people complain about are not major issues from what i have read/seen....would not have bought the unit if not...

What else can you do? Certainly you may be able to custom build him something for a price.....but would that cost (whatever it may be) be of value to him?......only he can say......we shall see!.

To be continued........................:-)
Old 06-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #37

I may be down by the water, but not drinking the prime time kool aid yet LOL. Still trying to decide. I have it narrowed down to the 318 bhs or the Surveyor 305. Either way a win for forest river and a win for my family. I will say this much, at this part of the ballgame (the decision stage) all dealers, reps, and forum input has been wonderful. I called the guys at prime time last week and was taking to a human in less than 3 minutes and my all my questions were answered. Hats off to you guys. Thanks again. You to RV Guy.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #38

I will also add that the sectional sofa in the surveyor 305 is the reason I have not pulled the trigger on a BHS 318. My family really likes that configuration.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #39
Commercial Member

Prime Time Kool-Aid - LOL
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdan View Post
I may be down by the water, but not drinking the prime time kool aid yet LOL. Still trying to decide. I have it narrowed down to the 318 bhs or the Surveyor 305. Either way a win for forest river and a win for my family. I will say this much, at this part of the ballgame (the decision stage) all dealers, reps, and forum input has been wonderful. I called the guys at prime time last week and was taking to a human in less than 3 minutes and my all my questions were answered. Hats off to you guys. Thanks again. You to RV Guy.

Ill tell you, in the end, that is one of the big things that swayed me when i was trying to decide. I called prime with some questions my dealer could not answer, and got to talk to who i am pretty sure in retrospect was the VP. Every question was thoroughly answered as if he built them all himself. Im not sure if the other FR lines have that level of customer service, but it sure was impressive.

Not only that, but since delivery of the trailer, every little issue however small that has cropped up has been delt with quickly and directly by Prime.

In the end, only you can decide which features you MUST have, and if sacrificing one "thing" for another is something you can live with. The way i look at it, if there is something i want bad enough, ill just customize it to my desire. In the end i too REALLY like that sectional sofa, but would not be willing to lose the door to the restroom, increased fresh and grey capacity, taller ceiling, nor better fit and finish of the 318.

in the end, no matter what you decide, i think they are both great layouts for a family. just flip a coin and go camping!! LOL