Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #61

I agree on the maxi aire vents. I have them on all vents except the bathroom , works great. Don't pay extra to have them installed though, took me less than an hour to do all 3. Very easy.
I doubt you will need a screen on ur fridge vent, I have never had an issue. I don't have one on the furnace vent , but it's probably a good idea to prevent bees nests.

For parades, we added cabinet doors to our dinette booths. Ours is a 2012. I think the new ones have them there already now, but if not, it is a great addiction.
We also added a blue ray player, Sony fits nice on the shelf about the TV and some super strong Velcro does a good job of holding it in place.

We are also adding slash guards to the bath tub, as water gets all over the floor when we shower.

Good lunch, it's a great unit

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #62

Oh and I highly recommend a pedestal table. I had one installed to replace the fold down table that came with it, much much nicer

Old 04-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #63

I guess I was lucky the dealership installed the vent covers for free but probably made up the lost revenue on the install of slider toppers. It's kept my slide roofs clean , so no more going up with a ladder to brush them off every time you bring them in.
Drmstx62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #64

Nice. I really do need to get those on. I do a lot of fall camping

Old 04-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #65

I owned keystone with one slide. Guess what, woke up with a soaking wet floor due to the rubber not seating properly. Not only do the toppers keep the roof clean , but will eliminate any potential leaks in the future.
Drmstx62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #66

Well, after a false start a couple of years ago with a 3150 Tracer (too much for a 1500 1/2 ton Burb), we are finally picking up our new La Crosse 318 bhs tomorrow. In reading the comments of likes and dislikes on this thread, it looks like most of the dislikes are now remedied on the 2014. Not taking any chances I upgraded to a 3500 Duramax so instead of crawling over the hills, I still have a lot of room in towing capacity.
We have been "tenter's" for over 50 years so this will be a new Chapter in our Camping lives and we are elated. No more 2am deluge departures lol.
Dear Wife, couple of Youngsters, Golden Retriever and a cat.
Dragonflya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonflya View Post
Well, after a false start a couple of years ago with a 3150 Tracer (too much for a 1500 1/2 ton Burb), we are finally picking up our new La Crosse 318 bhs tomorrow. In reading the comments of likes and dislikes on this thread, it looks like most of the dislikes are now remedied on the 2014. Not taking any chances I upgraded to a 3500 Duramax so instead of crawling over the hills, I still have a lot of room in towing capacity.
We have been "tenter's" for over 50 years so this will be a new Chapter in our Camping lives and we are elated. No more 2am deluge departures lol.

Welcome back Dragonflya!!! Hope you enjoy the 318BHS AND the Duramax.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #68
New to Forest River

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonflya View Post
What has been fixed/changed for 2014?
Graduated from 1999 Dodge Ram Extended 2wd 5.9L &
2005 Prowler Lynx Ultralite 29BHS
Mikedboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #69

Dragonflya, you are going to love the dmax but probably appreciate the allison 6 speed even more. We converted our 3/4 ton Suburban to a dmax/allison and it was the best thing we ever did. I pulls the 318 with little effort now.
HAARubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #70

Looking at some pics of the 2014 318 it doesn't seem any different from our 2013. What is the difference? If any.
Cedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #71

We recently downsized from a large 5th wheel and diesel pickup,have pulled the 318 with the diesel and a 2010 f150 5.4,our current puller is a 2013 f150 platinum 6.2, it pulls very well and is comfortable doing so, we have camped about 20 days so far this season and are loving the 318, only a couple minor issues that i have worked out myself.
GT MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #72

Hi Mikedboyd,

Quote:
What has been fixed/changed for 2014?
I am new to this, but from what I read... the table is now pedestal style (I had a funny experience after doing a walk thru I remembered reading about the table breaking earlier in this thread from one of the new owners, so I had the Salesman configure the dinette bed. With barely any weight on it I came crashing down, kids got a laugh at my expense. Turns out the dimensions on the table came up a 1/2 inch short in length, they borrowed one from another model and it was short as well so they are ordering a new table top). The dead space under the bench seats now have doors for access from the inside (not sure when that changed).

We didn't like the Black appliances, and the new Touring Package added Wood on the larger 8cf Refrigerator so it looks better to us (personal preference). We also got the fireplace and don't know if it was offered in previous years models.

Ours came with a Ladder for roof top access, power jacks, awnings and hitch.

We ended up with the Champagne color (brown) instead of the white. The Dealers we spoke to said that's all they were ordering. Wife and kids like it, I am still not sure...

I think that was about it for the changes, the brochures didn't really spell out anything new per say.

We did add the maxair vents for ventilation (thanks Drmstyx62 and Kozzy for the heads up).
Matt
Dear Wife, couple of Youngsters, Golden Retriever and a cat.
Dragonflya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #73

Looking at that list Dragonfly mines the exact same. Not much changed. I looked at my local rv dealer and I couldn't tell the difference between the 2013 and 2014 models. Everything you mentioned is on our 2013 318bhs. Doors on under dinette seats. Fireplace. Central vac. Wood paneling.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #74

I noticed a gap in the outdoor kitchen wall going to the bathroom. Do you recommend some spray foam or taking back to dealer as it is still under warranty. This is my first time trying to post a pic so I hope it works.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	32322  
Old 06-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedar View Post
I noticed a gap in the outdoor kitchen wall going to the bathroom. Do you recommend some spray foam or taking back to dealer as it is still under warranty. This is my first time trying to post a pic so I hope it works.
We had the same thing in our 2012, take it to the dealer, ours was closed under warranty.

We also swapped out our collapsible table for dual pedestal type ourselves.

Enjoy your trailer and look thru all the posts for small upgrades that improve an already great trailer.
HAARubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #76

I didn't get the collapseable table with mine. Mine came with the dual pedalstal table Installed. Next thing to add is the max air vents.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #77

Send a message via AIM to stephaniek
New 318BHS

I have a 318BHS I bought one year ago and put on a permanent site in Max Meadows,VA. I stayed in the trailer for two months this winter and was very, very comfortable. Before I left, I winterized it very carefully until pink stuff coming out of all taps and low point drains, outdoor shower and kitchen faucets, etc. Bypassed hot water heater. I have heat tape on water lines from feeder coming out of ground all the way to camper and had no issues with freeze-ups. Disconnected everything water-wise in case of power failure. We de-winterized in late May and the second week, a water leak developed with water pooling in carpet in front of pull-out couch. We cannot find the leak and figure it must be in the lines coming from city-water hook up to under sink (all these lines are under floor) as the leaking stops when the city water is turned off. Going to have to get someone out to figure it out under the warranty. Otherwise, have had no trouble with the unit. I also bought the upgraded mattress from Overstock and love it. This is a wonderful trailer. I could live in it full time.
stephaniek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #78

Okay have a newbie question regarding my water heater. I purchased the 318 few months ago and did the walkthrough the dealer did tell me how to set it up but honestly don't recall and not exactly on speaking terms with dealer at the moment. How do I get the water heater setup for use and how do I winterize it when the time comes. I would really appreciate the help.
PHD112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #79

We just traded our 318BHS in on a Crusader. The 318BHS was a great unit, we just wanted a 5th wheel. The only thing I did to the water heater was drain it for the the winter. The water heater bypass valve under the kitchen sink. I always went thru the access panel behind the cabinet door on the kitchen side of the sink. Hope this helps.
MicJ0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #80

Conversion of Dining area to Bed

Good morning and Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's. My question pertains to the Dining area and converting it to a bed. I had to make a piece of thick wood to replace the table since it was 1/2 an inch shorter than it should have been.
My question is, is there a certain way the cushions/padding are suppose to line up when the seating area is converted is to the bed. My wife and I tried several combinations and still can't get the cushions to fit right.
We have the 2013 Lacrosse 318BHS Touring Edition

Any suggestions.

Steimy
Steimy is offline   Reply With Quote