Old 06-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #41

Well said. Other issue in my consideration are the dealers and their location from my home. The surveyor dealer is 45
minutes away, while the Primerime dealer is 1.5 hrs away. Not a deal breaker either way, but a consideration none the less. Actually I have not researched the tank capacities but I will. My understanding is the ceiling heights are the same in both main living areas of the BHS 318 and Surveyor. In fact, the ceiling height is higher in bunk area of the Surveyor because it is dropped down 8 inches. The external door to the bathroom in the BHS 318, is also a feature we like, but can't have my cake and ice cream too.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #42

its ironic how similar our connundrums were regarding deciding on what to buy!

We have a forest river dealer 8 miles from my house...they dont sell lacrosse tho. The next closest dealer that DID was about 1.5hrs away...the dealer i actually bought my unit from was about 6 hrs away, but saved me about 2600$, and was equiped with 50amp dual a/c which was a MUST for me here in West Texas 1bajillion degree heat.

The reality of it is, unless there is something CATASTROPHICALY wrong with the trailer, its not going back to the dealer.....I realize that MANY expect the dealers to fix every little screw and misalignment, but the truth is i am exceptionaly well versed in not only home construction, but automotive repair as well. So while it would be nice to get a FLAWLESS, PERFECT, DREAM unit that never needed any sort of "tweaking" i have yet to hear of it! LOL. Plus, prime has been no less than exceptional in just sending me what i need to fix whatever little issues i have had...i like that..."if you want it done right, do it yourself" ...but with new parts as needed from prime!! LOL

The reality for alot of us is that a 5er or TT is just another big boy toy in the toy box, and we enjoy tinkering and improving them. So doors that dont close right, or screws that strip/fall out are just part of the "process"

but i digress....

i looked at the surveyor breifly when i was shopping and i coulda SWORE the ceiling was lower. The site lists the surveyor as having an external height of 9ft 8inch, while the lacrosse is listed as 11ft 1inch. Now i cant say for SURE that that 16inches in height translates to more ceiling height,as the surveyor may sit lower on the axles than the lacrosse, but it seems to me it did??

also, the surveyor has 36gal fresh, 30gal black, and 30gal grey tanks.

the lacrosse has 48gal fresh, 30gal black, and 60gal grey tanks.

those things along with the doors, were very important to me with the family in consideration.. a couple of kids and a wife sure use a lot more water and elect amps than me and a couple of guy buddies out fishing!

In the end, as much as you want that ONE feature, you really have to look at the whole picture and how YOU will use the trailer to see where the REAL long term benefits lie. My wife was "sold" on the fireplace in the living area...LOL...good thing she lets me decide on the best "deal"...

good luck sir!

2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #43

I dont even care at this point if the table can be used to make the dinette into a bed...I already have that one and can bring it on trips where I plan on usi g that bed...which for me will be like never....so I love the idea of a free standing table/ pedestal table. Now I just have to find one...

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #44

Oh and on the other note....go with the prime time...the 318 is great and service has been outstanding. It's great to have this forum where RV Guy chimes in and assists with ideas and feedback....I never he that with my keystone unit I can tell you...

Now...where is that kool aid?

Old 06-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #45

The table pedestal is easy peasy......just look for a ' boat pedestal table'. Thats what got me started on my idea in first place.

Try go2marine.com

Or google......lots of options out there!...

And i agree... prime kool aid is exquisite!.....lol
Old 06-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #46

See I don't like the pedestal table in my boat..I never use it...but alas I will start on marine sites. Maybe overtons has something.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #47

Hey Kozzy, I was reviewing some old trailer modification posts and saw one you may like concerning your dinette modification. They used a boat like pedestal to mount the dinette table. This is the best part, the table was "L" shaped to accommodate more people and was on a slide so people can get in and out from behind the table easier. I could not copy the post, but the date was 1-29-12 by a guy with the nickname 2003bigsilverado. Pretty cool modification. Would be a nice Primetime upgrade, if RV guy is listening. (Not as nice as a sectional sofa though).
Old 06-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #48

Alright I'll have to check it out when I get a little more time...I just completed another modification myself...turned my coat closet above the furnace into a linen closet. Much more functional....I added slide out baskets to my pantry as well, and added a shelf to the cabinet above the sink....everything is much more functional now...

Old 07-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #49

Ok so I'm still looking for that table...but here is something I noticed this weekend as it is the first time I am folding the dinette into a bed....the cushions don't fill in the area to make the bed...I tried several different configurations and no success...am I missing some sort of filler cushion? Or can someone just enlighten me on the correct configuration so I can get the bed fully set...

Old 07-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #50

Here is how I did mine...set it up to watch movie with new tv and sound bar/sub setup ...worked great...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120707_101040.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	16191