Old 01-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
Lacrosse 318BHS Bunk Problem...Help Please

Putting upper bunk up and locking it in problem.

We just picked up our new Lacrosse Touring 318BHS yesterday (had the Rockwood 8317SS) and got it home today (it was a 6 hour trip to pick it up and 6 hours back home). I went in to start setting it up and move stuff in. Not that the weather is any where near camping weather as it is below freezing!

I like to put mattress protectors on the mattresses and I like to use sheets and blankets. All I put on was the mattress cover. Then the kids came in and wanted to check out stuff. I went to put the right top bunk up to put it out of the way so the kids could sit on the sleep and play. BUT with just the mattress protector I could not even come close to locking top bunk in the up position!

Anyone else with this problem? Solutions?

Thank you!

mdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
Interesting... We have its sister in the tracer 3150. We are able to put the bunk up with sheets and comforter. Is the cover blocking anything?

2005 Ford Expedition 5.4 4x4
2012 Tracer 3150BHD
sfrye5853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
I checked out the one you have....actually when I was in there I noticed that the bunk ladder even came out to more of an angle! So I wonder if the bunk lock-in-holes sit different too.

I have made sure all material is in the clear.

I just decided to remove the mattress protector. Just the mattress, the bunk is tight to lock in....actually indents the mattress.

Maybe the holes were placed wrong on mine...???
mdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:30 AM   #4
Ours is real tight with the sheets and comforter on it. I really have to give it a hard push to get the pins in. What I mean is, when the mattress edge makes contact with the roof of the slide I still have about 4" to 5" to go till the pin lines up. Dont be afraid to get a little "mean" with it, all its gonna do is squish the mattress and the soft stuff.

You should travel with it down, so with the small amount of time it is up I dont mind it being tight. you can always roll the sheets or cover back off the front edge while it is up, that way you dont have to completely break the bed down everytime you tilt it up.

Or do like my wife does and make the hubby do it, that way it is never a problem.
HAARubicon is offline   Reply With Quote