Old 04-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #1

Lacrosse 318BHS - First Trip

We just got back from our first trip in the Lacrosse 318BHS Touring Edition. All we have done previously is tent camp, so this was a brand new experience for us. It was all that we asked for and more. We had a blast.

Here are some pros:
Outdoor refrigerator- so nice not to have to dig in the ice of a cooler
Fireplace- gives off enough heat that we were able to forgo the heater for a while
The 2nd door entrance was very convenient, especially when people were sleeping.
Storage- holy cow - there's a lot of storage in this unit
Televisions were a big hit. We were able to pick up 30+ channels using the antenna.
Bunk house was a big hit with the four year old as was the hidden storage in the floor.

There were a few cons that we noticed:
Getting the trailer leveled was a challenge. We always seemed to lean towards the front right. This is likely user error.
Black/grey tanks filled quicker than what we expected with no showering. Again, could be that we are novice user.
Hide-a-bed needs to be used as last resort since it completely blocks access from front to back of trailer when extended.
Had to purchase an auxiliary cable to get stereo to play using the iPhone. The USB cable didn't work.
When used as a bed, the Dining Table fell off its ledge and broke (see picture). Any suggestions on repair/replace would be appreciated.

Overall, our experience was wonderful. We are thrilled with the purchase and can't wait to spend the summer/fall camping. We would recommend this trailer to anyone.

-David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1673.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	28865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-04-24 at 9.31.54 PM.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	28867  

Old 04-24-2013, 10:58 PM   #2

Congrats on your purchase. We looked at that model and would have LOVED to get it, but it was just over the weight limit for our tv. We go the tracer 3150, very similar, going on our first run this weekend. As for your table, did you contact FR? Good Luck!

Old 04-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #3
New to Forest River

Congrats. Liking ours also, with some good, some less good, mostly good. Like the fireplace alot. This trailer does have good storage, but the durn thing is as big as a house. It should have lots of storage. :-)
Graduated from 1999 Dodge Ram Extended 2wd 5.9L &
2005 Prowler Lynx Ultralite 29BHS
Mikedboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #4

I also own a 318BHS 2015

Hi, This is my 2nd Travel Trailer and I really love this Lacrosse, but there are a few things that really tick me off.. I'll state them here and some may help you some may not.. If you have any ideas for me let me know.. Peace.

The good and the bad:
Outdoor kitchen is great, but they should have put a 2nd awning over the kitchen and the door. I've got the side wall drawings from Prime Time and I am adding an awning.
The stereo is cool with many features but the speakers (indoor and out) are terrible. I replaced all the indoor speakers and it now sounds wonderful. Out door speakers will be next.
The rear slide out is wonderful, lots of room for the kids and plenty of bed space. They put a plug for a TV back there but no place to mount it, there is no support so I now have to build that also.
The automatic levelers are junk, as soon as you slide out the rooms they give under the load and you'll lean that way, so prop up the slide out side no matter if you think your level already, it leans!
I love all the outdoor lights, in the box up front, the water hook up also. Lots of nice switched lights is a huge plus.
The Grey tanks are nice, 60Gallons, but the galley drains really slow. I didnt know this at first until I bought a small clear drain extension so I could see what the deal was. The grey tanks take time to drain.
The kitchen sink drains into the black tank. So far I dont really mind this, we will see.
I with you though, I overall love the purchase.. Happy Camping..
RB
Old 08-11-2014, 08:57 PM   #5

Is it typical for the kitchen sink to drain into the black water tank? This would be a possible explanation as to why my black water tank was filling faster than I felt it should be.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:20 AM   #6

Yes it does..

Hi OakHillFarm,
This is not a typical setup on most TT's, but it is definitely by design on the Lacrosse. It does drain to the Black tank. So far this has not been an issue with me. But I've read a bunch of posts about people who do not like this. I've also seen a post where someone rerouted it to drain out underneath the travel trailer and plugged it from going to the black tank.
Regards,
Rion
Old 08-12-2014, 08:30 AM   #7

I thought it was just the outdoor sink that drains into the black tank... So you are saying that the main kitchen sink also drains into the black tank?
2016-36; 2015-37; 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:51 AM   #8

No, I'm sorry The_Rhino I was referring to the Out Door Kitchen sink only! As far as I know all indoor sinks, kitchen and bathroom drain to Grey..
Old 08-12-2014, 10:56 AM   #9

Ya, I thought the LaCrosee & Tracer outdoor sinks drain into black, but the main kitchen sink into grey...

We did a lot of state park camping this summer & having the outdoor sink drain into the black vs. gray is a desirable setup. Our Tracer only has the (1) 30 gallon grey, so it fills in about 4-5 days of normal use. If the grey is full on our last day of camping, we can still use the outdoor sink to clean-up. I also use it to add water to the black tank before dumping & this is usually how I empty my FW tank before we leave. Although we have a Parker tote we haven't had to use it on 4-5 day stays...

2016-36; 2015-37; 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote