Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #1

Lacrosse 323 RST

After over a year of shopping, comparing and changing our minds uncountable times we have finally decided on a Lacrosse 323 RST as our next purchase. I am very impressed with the bang for the buck I see in the Lacrosse products. We have family who own a 318 and they are the ones who turned us on to Prime Time and Lacrosse products.

I can find lots of posts about the 318 and several about the 327, but don't seem to see much about the 323? For 2 adults and our 2 small dogs, this plan looks to be perfect for us. I plan to tow with my 2013 F150 SuperCrew EcoBoost. I know this unit is toward the upper end of the rated towing capacity of the truck so I will have to keep tabs on the weight to stay safe.

Anything I should know about, good or bad, anyone has found on the 323RST?
OakHillFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
DS ADV Rider

The 323 wasn't available when we bought our 301 last August, but if it had been I would have gone for it instead. I like the 323 layout better than the 301 with one exception - we travel long distances (Ontario to Arizona) and like easy access to the seats, table, fridge and toilet when driving, but the 323 looks like the main coach will not be accessible with the slides in.

Good luck with your purchase.

Bob
Suzuki DR350SE & Suzuki DR650SE
Specialized FSR XC Comp
DualSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #3

That was one of my issues when we looked at the 323. I decided that it was easy enough to open the slide to get to the kitchen if I wanted into the fridge during a quick stop. The bathroom is accessible. I liked everything else enough to override the issue.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakHillFarm View Post
That was one of my issues when we looked at the 323. I decided that it was easy enough to open the slide to get to the kitchen if I wanted into the fridge during a quick stop. The bathroom is accessible. I liked everything else enough to override the issue.
Our 295rst is the same and no issue at all running out the kitchen slide for quick access to fridge. I'd have much more problem with the bath being blocked but it isn't.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #5

I 100% agree with IrishRV on this. At first I did not like the idea of having to run the slide out to get access to the fridge, but it is a total non-issue. A friend of mine put it frankly, the slide doesn't come out further than the door (to get access to the fridge anyway) so if you can open the door, you can open the slide enough.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
Site Team

fridge slide out

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakHillFarm View Post
After over a year of shopping, comparing and changing our minds uncountable times we have finally decided on a Lacrosse 323 RST as our next purchase. I am very impressed with the bang for the buck I see in the Lacrosse products. We have family who own a 318 and they are the ones who turned us on to Prime Time and Lacrosse products.

I can find lots of posts about the 318 and several about the 327, but don't seem to see much about the 323? For 2 adults and our 2 small dogs, this plan looks to be perfect for us. I plan to tow with my 2013 F150 SuperCrew EcoBoost. I know this unit is toward the upper end of the rated towing capacity of the truck so I will have to keep tabs on the weight to stay safe.

Anything I should know about, good or bad, anyone has found on the 323RST?
I have the 2014 323rts.
The weak link to this unit is the fridge slide out under belly.
I had mine in 3 gonna be 4 time for wear on the underbelly of the fridge slide out.
It has 2 layers of plastic a thin sheet of cardboard and the Styrofoam.
The ends of the lower slide fabric tape is fraying, the plastic is wearing threw on the to the 2nd layer of plastic and when closed there is a air cap at the bottom of about 1/4" to 3/8". This lets dirt in water if driving in the rain from the tires wash. I can see day light if I lay my head on the floor inside by the door and look outside.

Look at yours and please let me know how it holding up.
really a poor design by prime time I think. Cheap corner cutting.
Slide been adjusted 2 times now. Its the wiper design and the materials that really make it something to deal with for a long time.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #7

Well, at the last second we switched from the 323RST to the 327RES. Had to do with price, options and availability. Dealer made me a great deal on the one he had on the lot, vice waiting on one to be ordered. Very happy. Already spent 2 nights in it. Found a couple of small items during the trip that need attention by the dealer, but nothing major. Love the look of the champagne/brown trailer behind my ruby red F-150 Platinum.