Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #1

Lacrosse 327 or 328RES

Hi all!!!! After about a year of shopping around, We have narrowed our selection to either the Lacrosse 327 or 328RES. We will order it with the 2nd AC. The only difference between the two is the 328 has a residential fridge and the 50 amp service as a standard. I am leaning toward the 327, but the misses likes the 328 because of the residential style fridge. I am concerned about running the fridge and (one AC) unit at parks with only a 30 Amp service. I guess what I am soliciting opinions on - does the 327 fridge perform well? I'd rather save the amp load for other devices at 30 amp parks. The other thing I don't like is the 328 fridge is 120 or 12 volt operation. This translates to quick battery drain and impacts primitive camping (a few times a year). Any one have thoughts on either option?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-24-2014, 09:08 PM   #2

327 RES

We have the 327RES with the side by side dometic RM1330 unit. It has been empty to packed full and has always functioned well keeping the food at 38. You can set the temp electronically via the digital display. The only thing is the fans on the outside to move the air are a little noisy at times, but not too bothersome . The 327 is a 50amp service also and on the 30amp sites we just use the refrigerator and the ac when needed and have never had any problems. Our unit is still within its warranty too so I hope it continues to function this well.
wolfe4656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:48 AM   #3

I'm sitting in my 327 right now at a park in far north Texas and we haven't had any issues with the fridge. Like was said it does an excellent job so far keeping the food cold.
We never stay in a park w/o 50amp because most of our camping is in

Texas and the high today is supposed to be almost 90 degrees so 2 ac's are mandatory.

When we camp we take a 3000w generator and run the fridge on propane w/o issues. One of the reasons we went with the 327 was because we dry camp enough we didn't want it to be an issue.
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:08 AM   #4

We have the 329 that also has the side by side unit and run it on electricity as well as one AC and the tv on a single 20 amp service when it is parked at my shop. Nothing is getting hot (wire is in metal conduit from the breaker box) and it keeps working, so I am happy. We almost bought the 327 but the kids were about to mutiny wanting their own space so 329BHT it is. Figured I would give up some bedroom and living area space for some peace and quiet. If you are anywhere where it does get hot, I would make sure to get the 50 amp dual ac setup. A single AC will cool the trailer when it is 95 outside, but it takes a while to get it comfortable. When both are running it is pretty quick.
MickeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #5

Thanks for all the feedback. This is great. I am going to talk the wife into the 327. I might have to wear my sexy shorts to sway her. Wait, that only works on me. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 11-04-2014, 11:47 AM   #6

We love our 327RES and dry camp a lot (race tracks mainly). I run a pair of Honda 2000 generators "buddied" together when I need lots of power, usually one is sufficient. We usually run the refrig on LP and as long as you load it with already cooled items it maintains very well. The only problem we ever had was when we filled the refrig with room temp stuff and then turned the refrig "on". Took a LONG time to get cool (operator error on that one).
OakHillFarm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lacrosse