Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2014, 10:58 PM   #1

LaCrosse 327RES

Happy Independence Day everyone, this is our first Prime Time and also first post.

We just picked up a 2014 LaCrosse 327RES with the 15’s hitting the lot the dealer was interested in moving this one. We picked it up Wednesday afternoon and had an excellent delivery experience, we took it home and loaded it up Thursday and drove from Fort Worth to Lubbock. This isn’t our first trailer and I must say this towed very well, we have a F250 and an Equal-I-zer hitch and a few times I forgot the 8000lb thing was behind us. I couldn’t help but giggle when we were checking into the RV Park a cuy pulled in with a Dodge 1500 towing a 5th wheel poor thing it’s rear bumper was almost touching the ground.

Setup was simple with the water compartment a really cool feature and a clean setup. We have spent two nights in it so far and haven’t had any issues at all. The 12 cu ft fridge is awesome I have a new beer section all to myself. The 2 AC’s have frozen us out, it has a lot of windows, I kinda wish it was cold so we could try the fireplace.

My DW went to see her mother today to bad I couldn’t go, I had to stay here and read the manuals. I know somebody’s just gotta do it.

Just wanted to say hello and ask if there is anything I should be aware of or should pay attention to with the new trailer?

Thanks y’all,
Don & Kerry
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:23 AM   #2

Gongrats! We purchased our 327res last month, and love it . We never got to break it in because I had to return to work in Japan. Our first trip will be to Dayton in 2015 for the 500 where we have an infield campsite on the fence in turn 1. Can't wait.

Days camped 2014 - 0, 2015 - 24
IlliniJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #3

Use it lots. Test everything while under warranty. Be prepared for some dealer visits. Rare is the perfect Rv.

2014 295rst champ te
2009 2500hd GMC d/a
Old 07-06-2014, 09:40 PM   #4
Site Team

First off welcome to the best forum for rver's

From one Lacrosse owner to another congrats, there a great unit. Look er over good and get that laundry list going.

Read up under the primetime section of the forum.

For one........
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ing-45789.html

Pull your micro and support the bottom of it with 1x2 under the feet. The only thing holding mine in was the face plate. On a trip it just about fell out of the cabinet.

Lay a bead of silicon caulk by the water docking station. I found if you slobber the water there, it gets inside the unit on the floor.
I could go on for hours............................................. .

Enjoy
platokidd

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:51 PM   #5
2014 327 Lacrosse

congrats on your new 327 We purchased ours in January of this year. Still working out the bugs, hope to get better cooperation going in that respect soon. It's a roomy living space and the big fridge holds lots of food and beverages. Just got it back from the dealer again today after another repair. Who was your dealer?
Pipers Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipers Family View Post
congrats on your new 327 We purchased ours in January of this year. Still working out the bugs, hope to get better cooperation going in that respect soon. It's a roomy living space and the big fridge holds lots of food and beverages. Just got it back from the dealer again today after another repair. Who was your dealer?

We bought ours in DFW from National Indoor RV and quite honestly have had a wonderful experience. The sales staff was knowledgeable and good to deal with, they were not overly aggressive. Same with the Finance department.

The delivery was great, I took a couple of hours going over the unit during the PDI we found one thing wrong with the trailer which was corrected onsite.
I already had an Equalizer hitch from our last trailer and had asked for the height to set it at so it was ready to go. I measured the hitch frame and bolted on the brackets, thankfully at the right height and we were off.

We took it home and loaded it up and took it a little over 300 miles to Lubbock, the only thing that didn't work out from our old trailer were the OneStep chocks since the new trailer has the wide stance tires. After looking at a new set at Camping World I realized the only difference was an additional brace that matched the ones I already had. So I took one apart and added the brace to the other one and had one for the trip. When we got back I built two braces in an evening and several Shiners for a few bucks of steel at the hardware store rather than $125.00 in new chocks. Makes a good excuse for the Shiners.

While on the trip we discovered one of the dining chairs had a broken seat. I called NIRV and they asked me to bring the chair by, they looked at the chair and said it could not be warrantied but they would take care of it in house, they repaired it in a couple of days.

We had a pretty big rain here last week so the next day we got into the trailer with flashlights, we were down on our hands and knees and completely went through the trailer top to bottom and found one little tiny leak on the cabinet in the back above the water heater. We were pretty sure it came from the rear window but there was no trail at all, we had a 4" rain and the water inside would not have filled up a shot glass.

I stopped by the hardware store on the way home the next day and bought a good tub silicone caulk. I got out my ladder and cleaned up the window frame and put the caulk on it, which didn’t even take a whole beer to fix.

I tend to take care of the simpler stuff rather than hookup and tow it to the dealer. For me it's much easier, I know what was actually repaired and how, it allows me to grunt like a man and drink a few beers.
Who could ask for more.
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:50 AM   #7
2014 327 Lacrosse

We also had the dining chair issues. At the back of the chairs there is no support at all and the seats are some kind of thin composite panel. We are getting a new set and will reinforce the seat by screwing supports to the inside seat area. I agree that if there is a simple fix- we would much rather do it ourselves than haul it two hours away.
Pipers Family is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lacrosse