Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2014, 10:02 AM   #1

Lacrosse 329BHT?

I'm new to the forum and new to PrimeTime RVs. I hope to pick up a new Lacrosse 329 BHT in 2 weeks. Any reasons I shouldn't? Anything I should watch out for?
jnagel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:06 PM   #2

Look under the sliders when extended for tearing on the Draco material. Have the dealer address it before it becomes yours. Not a big deal. Other than that they make a wonderful unit.
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:01 PM   #3

Thanks! I read the entire slide out thread and it seems that there may not be a good fix for this? I also thought (and I could be wrong) that it's only an issue with cable driven slides? Thanks again -- this is a huge investment and I don't want to make a mistake!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnagel88 View Post
I'm new to the forum and new to PrimeTime RVs. I hope to pick up a new Lacrosse 329 BHT in 2 weeks. Any reasons I shouldn't? Anything I should watch out for?
Just NOT wanting to come home when your weekend/trip is over.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #5
Site Team

Your are mistaken on wear happening only on a cable slide comment.

Lacrosse 329BHT is very similar to my 323rst.
Im going to guess a little here and say your fridge slide-out has what primetime calls "floorbrace".
If so it has a plastic weave bottom. This is the slide to be concerned with the most!!! If not better yet!! Your fridge slide is a smaller then mine and that could help too, so thats good.
You read the thread so thats good. You have that knowledge to make a educated decision...I didnt.

We love ours unit and im sure you will love yours.

I have a neighbor with my same unit only in 2013 and we have had some of the same issues. Here some that we share and shared.

1 -slide wear issue both fixed and wearing still!

2- microwave was installed in the cabinet with the feet of the micro in the air. Only the front screws in the face plate support the micro.From bouncing down the road The screws pull out of the cabinet wood and enlonggate the holes. FIX- Remove micro and make shims for the micros feet out of 1x2 wood glued to the bottom of the inside shelf.

3- You have 2 outside fridge vents. The top vent will allow water to enter the unit in a strong rain. The water runs inside down the wall and onto the floor.
Fix- My dealer removed the top vent and made a wall of caulk
across the opening close to the vent. Do not recaulk around the bottom of the top vent. This allows the water to weep out.
Im going to do something other then a wall of caulk this year.

4-Check under the other slides for screws sticking threw the bottom.
I have purchased 2 pt units a tracer and lacrosse and the both had screws sticking out the bottom. On my tracer this did a lot of damage to the carpet and threshold from open / closing of slide..
And a lot lot lot lot of little stuff no biggie typical rv qc.
There is a few pointers for ya
Enjoy pt makes some of the best units out there!

Kidd

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:16 PM   #6

Thank you so much! Appreciate the help! Took forever to decide between this and the Open Range Light -- I'm hoping we made the right choice. Sounds like the slide issue is a pretty major problem with no known solution....
Old 12-30-2015, 02:31 PM   #7

Bad luck with our 2015 329BHT LaCrosse

Well I guess I got the bad apple of the bunch! Bought my 2015 in last of May 2014, used it in June for a week & then again in July for a week and brought back to dealer on August 8 for leaking awning and defects in the fiberglass, replacement of refridgerator door. After 3 tries to fix fiberglass correctly I got it back middle of December. I made plans for camping in April for the next trip and when we were packing up, found out that the main A/C unit wasn't cooling. Back to dealer and a new A/C unit was installed, took another 4 weeks to get work approved and done. Finally went camping in June again and the water heater struggled to work on AC, but did work on gas. Fridge didn't cool down as cool as I thought it should but was ok. Brought it back to dealer again at the end of June and dealer couldn't find a problem after 3 weeks. Got to go camping Labor Day 2015 and water heater wouldn't work on AC at all and hard to Light on gas. New A/C unit from April didn't work on AUTO(never cut off even though inside temperature was lower than Thermostat setting) and real low air flow through vents. Called dealer and set up appointment for December and then before Thanksgiving discovered that we had a leak in the bunkhouse somewhere which had never happened before. The in floor storage compartment was full of water and the carpet was soaked. Got that emptied and dried up and then another rain happened the week we had out dealer appointment(Dec.18) and everything was wet again. Dealer found the leak in the back window and of course the Manuf. warranty won't cover that or the bad water heater control board and the technician says the A/C works fine. The front cap has also started to fade and it's covered by manuf. because of many previous problems they had with that! So to end this saga, I think my bad apple will not be with me much longer when or if I get it back. Other than that we really did like it!!!!
robphylm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 03:13 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by robphylm View Post
Well I guess I got the bad apple of the bunch! Bought my 2015 in last of May 2014, used it in June for a week & then again in July for a week and brought back to dealer on August 8 for leaking awning and defects in the fiberglass, replacement of refridgerator door. After 3 tries to fix fiberglass correctly I got it back middle of December. I made plans for camping in April for the next trip and when we were packing up, found out that the main A/C unit wasn't cooling. Back to dealer and a new A/C unit was installed, took another 4 weeks to get work approved and done. Finally went camping in June again and the water heater struggled to work on AC, but did work on gas. Fridge didn't cool down as cool as I thought it should but was ok. Brought it back to dealer again at the end of June and dealer couldn't find a problem after 3 weeks. Got to go camping Labor Day 2015 and water heater wouldn't work on AC at all and hard to Light on gas. New A/C unit from April didn't work on AUTO(never cut off even though inside temperature was lower than Thermostat setting) and real low air flow through vents. Called dealer and set up appointment for December and then before Thanksgiving discovered that we had a leak in the bunkhouse somewhere which had never happened before. The in floor storage compartment was full of water and the carpet was soaked. Got that emptied and dried up and then another rain happened the week we had out dealer appointment(Dec.18) and everything was wet again. Dealer found the leak in the back window and of course the Manuf. warranty won't cover that or the bad water heater control board and the technician says the A/C works fine. The front cap has also started to fade and it's covered by manuf. because of many previous problems they had with that! So to end this saga, I think my bad apple will not be with me much longer when or if I get it back. Other than that we really did like it!!!!

Have you called Prime time?

Zelda the campin dog
Old 12-30-2015, 03:26 PM   #9

Supposedly dealer had but not much faith in that! I'm going another route and that's all I can say!
Old 12-30-2015, 03:30 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by robphylm View Post
Supposedly dealer had but not much faith in that! I'm going another route and that's all I can say!

I wouldn't take my dealers word as gospel here. Again , I would say call prime time yourself. You have nothing to lose.

Zelda the campin dog
Old 02-05-2016, 07:42 AM   #11

We have the exact same unit. Bought ours a year ago. We love it. A couple cosmetic issues but they were taken care of promptly by a local dealer. We had one issue with the bunkhouse slide. Camping and the slide would not go back in. Had to manually override. After and hour got it back in place and took it and the local dealer fixed it within a hour. I posted another thread on that. The only thin we don't like about it is the small shower.

I would replace the tires they always put the bare minimum size tires and it is a pretty heavy camper. Go with a load rating E as soon as possible.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:47 PM   #12

The only problem I had with mine off the hop was the digital heater board failed. But Primetime was great I told them I just bought it and was expecting to take it out in five days. The guy there told me to find any RV person to come and fix it. So I did and the next day the part was here. Primetime covered my cost within 5 days I just scanned the receipt and sent it off to them. It seems as though my invert-er board for the DC is done. But going to look into that this weekend which is not a Primetime issue.

Over all I love my 329 BHT 2015 unit. For the record guess I got lucky so far no problems with my slide outs.
cowboy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:03 PM   #13

Replaced 329BHT

Well the dealer and Forest River replaced my problematic camper. They let me choose another model, 2016 337RKT and so for it's been fine. We got to go on our first shakedown trip the weekend before Memorial Day and everything seems to be working great. I am keeping it plugged in at home just to make sure both AC units are doing what they are supposed to be doing when set on automatic. The residential refrigerator is working wonderfully also. Hopefully this one will be a good one for us and we get to take many uneventful fun trips!

Tags
lacrosse