Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2015, 02:34 PM   #1

Lacrosse 336BHT Feedback

I have the itch.....and after nearly 4 years of using our entry level Coachmen we likely will be moving on to a bigger model and a bigger truck. Truck no matter what either way. Thais another post for another time. I have been back and forth for a while on the topic of 5er vs TT and keep going back to the TT for a few reasons, first is that even with my current 1/2 ton and the equalizer I feel great about towing and there just are not a lot of 5th wheel bunks. I also have all the kid stuff to take like bikes, toys and so on. I do like the full use of the bed. There are some 5er plans I like , but to be honest the ones I like just seem like too much money for what you get.

I recently stumbled on to the apparently new model 336BHT that seems like it fits our mold. The outside storage is less than desirable but it appears that you can get to the bathroom, and possibly fridge without opening slides while traveling. Something you cant do with alot of the other bunkhouse models. I was looking for some solid feedback on this from anyone who owned this model. Also wanted to get a better idea of the quality of Prime time and what folks thought about the the Lacrosse line as a whole. Few things like the lack of outdoor storage bother me but overall it looks to pick up all the details we are after.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	336BHT.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	83891  
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:23 PM   #2
PT Crew Member - 10/2013

We bought a 2015 lacrosse 328res in Feb and love it! Prior to that we had a tracer, also built by prime time. Both have been decent quality. The tracer had small cosmetic issues. In out lacrosse, the AC went out after the second trip and was replaced under warranty. we just figured out they did not install the second grey water tank to give us 60 gallons total. That will be remedied soon. In general, I am impressed with prime time and their quality. We consider ourselves lucky as our dealer is also great to work with. Couldn't be happier.
debbieshaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:06 PM   #3

We have had a 329BHT for almost a year now and are very happy with it. When I first saw the 336 I thought it was going to be better (the master in the 329 is pretty tight) but losing the front storage, the closet, the extra kitchen storage space, and a lot of room out of the bunk room is not worth it. The 329 is not perfect, but is a better compromise than any others that I have found.

If you do get one of the bigger LaCrosse trailers, be sure to get at least a 3/4 ton series truck, I use a Ram 2500 with the Cummins diesel and it does great. A half ton is really not enough truck.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:27 PM   #4
PT Crew Member - 10/2013

We have a one ton older ford excirsion that does well with our tt.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:22 AM   #5

After camping 2 seasons with our 3 boys I am glad they have the larger bunk room (like on the other models...) IMO its more important that they have the extra room to change, play, etc. vs. us having more room in the master. Yes, I wish I had more room to change clothes but it only takes 5 minutes to change vs. the hours & hours the kids hang-out in their room on rainy days...

Second, I like having the outdoor kitchen in the back vs. front... At most campsites the kids park their bikes & scooters near the front of the TT & it's also where they get stuff from the back of the truck (we have a cap). I would not want the danger of the hot grill & stove so close to where they are always walking. (Where is the outdoor grill on this model?) At most campsites the back of our TT hangs-over into the grassy/shaded areas so I am grilling in the shade vs. over hot sunny pavement...

Lastly, I would hate to lose my pass-through storage... I keep 4 tubs inside with all of our hookup essentials. We can leave home with nothing in the TV & know we have all of our camping necessities in the TT...
2017-31; 2016-36; 2015-37; 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:27 AM   #6
PT Crew Member - 10/2013

Our kids are grown, so it's just us and the dogs. If our kids were still home, the bunk house is the only way to go. We have a grill attached to our bumper...a poor-man's outdoor kitchen, but it works for us. We also were worried about losing the passthrough, however with the other available storage, it is about the equivalent amount of space.

We just spent two full weeks camping in for locations and are now planning a 6 month cross country trip next year.

Happy camping!
Old 08-24-2015, 09:51 PM   #7
Site Team

If it has fabric wrap on the underside of the slide-outs (mainly the fridge slide) have them put wear strips on it before you leave the dealer. Part #10F16032A repair kit

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ing-45789.html

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post950665

Over all , rating on the rv quality curve I would say Im happy with my Lacrosse and do think its better then most units on the market.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lacrosse