Old 10-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #1

Lacrosse fireplace

When we returned home from a weekend camping trip today, I was cleaning out the camper in the driveway, plugged in the electric and noticed a buzzing coming from the fireplace and 4 of the LEDs on the front panel were lit. The unit was making heat but all 3 switches were turned off. I went and threw the breaker on the inverter and it shut off. When I turned the breaker back on, the same thing happened, again. The buzzing finally stopped but then the fireplace had no lights and would not turn on at all. I pulled the fireplace out and unplugged it from the outlet so I can turn the breaker back on without fear of a meltdown due to the fireplace. By the way, we did not use the fireplace at all over the weekend.

Anyone ever work on one of these fireplaces?

Old 10-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #2

I doubt that you have a fireplace plugged into an "Inverter". Did you mean Converter? (The thing that charges your battery when you're on shore power.)

Old 10-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #3

Yes, converter not inverter.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
Site Team

OakHillFarm,

You have the same fireplace i have in my 2014 lacrosse 323rst te c
Mine still works fine and we use it all the time.
Please let me know what you find for a fix. I would think your still under warranty.
Good luck!
Carl
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #5

I believe it would be covered by warranty. I was just hoping someone may have seen this before and it was a simple fix I could do myself. I want to try and get another camping weekend in before winterizing and the fireplace might come in handy as it is cooling off in the evening now.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #6

Who makes the fireplace for the 2014 FOREST river crusaders it has a model #FFP272107-h
Old 12-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #7

Trailer is at the dealer. Apparently when the tech plugged the fireplace in, it started operating and heating as if it were on "high". None of the switches had any effect on it's operation. They contacted the fireplace manufacturer who said they had never seen this before and wanted the fireplace shipped to them for analysis. They are sending me a new, replacement, fireplace under warranty.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #8

Fireplace finally came in and I picked up the trailer. Tech said new fireplace was installed and checked out. Didn't go thru the trouble of hooking up 115 at the dealer to check it out due to hurrying to complete the pull home in front of a nasty winter storm. Well, as murphy's law would have it, once parked in my garage and hooked up to 115, the fireplace display and "low" heat setting work great, "hi" heat setting does not work and the switch for it does not even light up. Won't be towing the trailer 2 1/2 hours back to the dealer anytime soon (at least until spring). I will probably see if I can just pull the fireplace out and bring it back, it's only held in by a handful of screws.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:58 PM   #9

Took the fireplace back to the dealer for repair. They said a connector inside had come undone. All fixed and ready for pickup. Had a family member pick it up and bring down to me this past weekend. Unit was transported in the back seat of their SUV, so I don't think it took much jostling from the roads... Plugged unit up in the barn and it did not work....same issue as before. I took the top cover off and found a wire on the ""HI" heat breaker disconnected. I tightened up the sides on the bayonet connector and hooked it up. Checked the rest of the connectors inside for any signs of being lose or not well connected. All functions now work as advertised. Hope this finally takes care of the problem. Not too impressed with the quality of this fireplace.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #10
Site Team

unreal............ glad ya got it goin

2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lacrosse