Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #1

Lacrosse keyless entry

We just got a new Lacrosse 308 RES and cant get the keyless entry to work. The keypad lights up when you press a button so I don't think its the battery, the instructions that came with the tt said the default code is 1234 but I cant get it to work. Any advice is appreciated as the dealership is a litttle over an hours drive and I would prefer to fix it myself.
patkimmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #2

Hit 1,2,3,4 then 4 again. If that doesn't work hit 1,2,3,4 then 1.

If that doesn't work somebody changed code but it does take 5 key strokes to open and lock.
TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #3

At least on my 2012 lacrosse it does.
TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #4

Try what TTNewbees suggested. If that doesn't work you may have to take it back to your dealer.
The keypad on mine was one of the small "new tt bugs" I had. My dealer's service department contacted the keypad manufacturer and after going through the procedures the manufacturer suggested they ended up changing out the keypad.
Of course, I simply used my keys until it was fixed. I haven't had a problem since and I really like the keypad. Great feature.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #5

periodically ours will not work. the keypad lights and then no unlock. i have found if you tap the door under the window and try the code again, it then works. just haven't had a chance to open up the door to check for bad wiring connection. good luck.
mviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #6

Email PrimeTime. They got back to me next day with the full instruction sheet/setup/etc for the wireless system. I keep it with all my other pubs.
phrogdriver93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:11 PM   #7

Thanks for the advise, but it just ain't working. I guess we'll have to take it back to the dealer, not a big deal, just inconvenient. I wish they would have
checked it during the in service inspection so I didn't have to take it back. Oh Well. if that's the only problem, I'm doing pretty good. We're going camping tomorrow so we will see. HAPPY TRAILS YA'LL and thanks for the help.
s

thanks for the tips and help, but sot
Old 03-02-2012, 02:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by patkimmiller View Post
.......I wish they would have
checked it during the in service inspection so I didn't have to take it back.......s
They may have checked it and it may have worked. You never know. Anyway, I hope you get it fixed quickly.

Make sure to take a note pad and pen with you on your trip. You can write down items you need or want, but haven't got and any other problems that you may want your dealer to fix.

Good luck and have fun!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #9

Does it make a noise like it is trying to work? You are pushing 1/2, 1/2, 3/4, 3/4 then 1/2 or 3/4????..I noticed that you can push too hard or too light...a little like Goldie Locks. Push it in the center too....do not worry about hitting the 1 or the 2 from the side of the button. The lock should make a noise like it is trying to work. If it is making a noise and nothing happens then something is hung up and the door will need to be disassembled. If it is not, check the electrical contact points where the door jam meets the door. Make sure they do not have dirt on these contacts. Also try replacing the battery in the pad.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #10

No it doesn't make any noise so its not even trying to work. I think the battery may be weak but I can't get the keypad off to replace it. I read up on it and the say the latch is on the right side of the pad but it seems to be glued on with two sided tape or some type of sealant and I don't want to break it trying to get to the battery.