Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
New to Forest River

LaCrosse Solid Surface Sink Covers

for RV Guy and other LaCrosse owners. Our 318BHS trailer that we will be taking delivery on in a couple of weeks has a single piece sink cover. We have seen other trailers, online, with separate sink covers for each sink, which seems MUCH more functional to us as we would typically only need the smaller sink uncovered, except occasionally, and therefore typically have more counterspace to use as counterspace instead of 2 sinks exposed.
We have been told that Prime Time cannot get the 2-piece sink covers any longer. I just wanted to confirm with RV Guy that this was true (and if they might be available in the future) and if other LaCrosse owners have the one piece and just think I'm being silly and shouldn't worry about it.

thanks
Graduated from 1999 Dodge Ram Extended 2wd 5.9L &
2005 Prowler Lynx Ultralite 29BHS
Mikedboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
Commercial Member

They have been 1 piece for quite awhile already...
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

You could cut the sink cover into two, separate covers or use it as a template to make a half cover from a hardwood cutting board.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Wei're looking to replace it with a cutting board cut to shape to fit one side or the other. We would more have counterspace and an open sink.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Hello - if your 318 has a single piece sink cover, there are no options for a 2-piece design from our supplier. Unfortunately, when you mount the sink under the countertop like you have on a LaCrosse, you start getting into a lot of custom variables such as sink size, the amount of reveal on the sink landing, countertop thickness, etc. We did not spec in a two-piece design for that application. Sorry.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
New to Forest River

I guess part of my confusion is your pictures on the Prime Time site for the 318BHS. It shows a 2-piece sink cover and in pictures from some RV dealers, online, I see 2-piece sink covers, so apparently the were being built that way at one time.

Regards,

Old 02-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #7
Commercial Member

You are correct regarding the pictures and that is what we use TODAY. That's why I said "if yours had a one-piece". The countertops today are from a different supplier that we changed to late last year and the pieces are not interchangeable.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #8

Mine did not come with any sink covers. Took a template to Tap Plastics and had them make two custom sink covers for each side. This might be a possibility.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #9
New to Forest River

Thank you so much for your participation here and your response. Much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
You are correct regarding the pictures and that is what we use TODAY. That's why I said "if yours had a one-piece". The countertops today are from a different supplier that we changed to late last year and the pieces are not interchangeable.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

PTM
Old 02-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #10
New to Forest River

Thanks for this. I've already identified a place locally that I might be talking to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorot8 View Post
Mine did not come with any sink covers. Took a template to Tap Plastics and had them make two custom sink covers for each side. This might be a possibility.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikedboyd View Post
for RV Guy and other LaCrosse owners. Our 318BHS trailer that we will be taking delivery on in a couple of weeks has a single piece sink cover. We have seen other trailers, online, with separate sink covers for each sink, which seems MUCH more functional to us as we would typically only need the smaller sink uncovered, except occasionally, and therefore typically have more counterspace to use as counterspace instead of 2 sinks exposed.
We have been told that Prime Time cannot get the 2-piece sink covers any longer. I just wanted to confirm with RV Guy that this was true (and if they might be available in the future) and if other LaCrosse owners have the one piece and just think I'm being silly and shouldn't worry about it.

thanks
Hmmmm! We have a 2011 Lacrosse 301 RLS and it has two sink. Overs, one smaller than the other one. The only thing we have changed was the love seat, and we put our Sleep Number mattress in the BR. we hated to get rid of the 'sleeper' bed love seat, but it just wasn't co for table, so we now have a Best Chair electric love seat, and that was the best money we have spent on the TT. we are full timers and we 'love' our love seat, no pun intended. I extended the bed platform with a 1 by 6 and it works great. Other that these two things, are are totally satisfied with out trailer.
Relkinsa is offline   Reply With Quote