Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2016, 10:05 AM   #1

Landing gear clunking when down.

We just bought a 38 QB Sanibel. There seems to be a lot of side to side movement from the front jacks. I know I will get some, this is our 4th 5ver. I can actually move the trailer just by rocking it from outside, seems like an excessive amount. There is also a clunking or squeaking noise from the landing gear. I do have the self levelers and I do have blocks under them, as to not use a lot of the extensions.The noise just started this weekend.
Anyone else experiencing this?
Thanks Bob
Crew Cab 8 ft. bed
Sanibel 38ft QB
Dogbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:19 PM   #2

I have the 4 point electric self leveling and so far no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Prime Time Sanibel Traveler 38QB
2015 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
crooks07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:21 AM   #3
clr

I have a 2015 Sanibel 3601 with the hydraulic front landing gear, but I also have the level up 6 point type self levelers system. But in any case I believe most/all Sanibel have the hydraulic front landing gear. If yours is hydraulic and it moves as much as you say you have a problem with the hydraulic system. You have a up and down pressure line to each hydraulic cylinder if the RV is moving side to side within the hydraulic system it is due to a leak some were in the system between the two sides.
My unit does not rock side to side in the hydraulic system. Of course any unit will rock some from side to side if you try hard but the hydraulic system will not move side to side. The noise from the hydraulic system is not normal and should be checked out. Some hydraulic systems have had a popping type noise and they need an antistickon fluid added to the system to correct. But this does not sound like you problem.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:59 AM   #4

Thanks CLR. I believe mine is electric, both front and rear. I paid to have the coating put on the exterior, but they didn't do it. They are coming out to the campground to take care of that, plus take a look at the landing gear. Other issues also, none of the tank gauges work. They read empty all the time. I know they aren't accurate, but a new trailer they should show something. The tank heater light isn't lite, no way of knowing if the heater is on.
I'm not concerned about the gauges or the tank heater. I want to know about the landing gear. They are supposed to be coming up a week from this Wed. Fingers are crossed.
Crew Cab 8 ft. bed
Sanibel 38ft QB
Old 05-03-2016, 11:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
Thanks CLR. I believe mine is electric, both front and rear. I paid to have the coating put on the exterior, but they didn't do it. They are coming out to the campground to take care of that, plus take a look at the landing gear. Other issues also, none of the tank gauges work. They read empty all the time. I know they aren't accurate, but a new trailer they should show something. The tank heater light isn't lite, no way of knowing if the heater is on.
I'm not concerned about the gauges or the tank heater. I want to know about the landing gear. They are supposed to be coming up a week from this Wed. Fingers are crossed.

I hate it when a dealer just washes it, takes the plastic off the furniture and says "here ya go, it's all yours".

All that stuff should have been checked/tested before delivery to you. AND....the tech should have showed you how EVERYTHING works while you were there instead of you finding out later.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
I hate it when a dealer just washes it, takes the plastic off the furniture and says "here ya go, it's all yours".

All that stuff should have been checked/tested before delivery to you. AND....the tech should have showed you how EVERYTHING works while you were there instead of you finding out later.
Everything was checked. The salesman, neglected to tell service that I payed for the sealer. I came to pick up the trailer, it wasn't done. I had no alternative, but to take the trailer as is, because of my time frame. The were willing to come out and put the sealer on at my campground. They can't check the gauges unless there is something in the tanks. The landing gear was ok until last weekend. I walked through the trailer and everything was ok, on the walk through and for the last few weekends.
Crew Cab 8 ft. bed
Sanibel 38ft QB
Old 05-03-2016, 02:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
Everything was checked. The salesman, neglected to tell service that I payed for the sealer. I came to pick up the trailer, it wasn't done. I had no alternative, but to take the trailer as is, because of my time frame. The were willing to come out and put the sealer on at my campground. They can't check the gauges unless there is something in the tanks. The landing gear was ok until last weekend. I walked through the trailer and everything was ok, on the walk through and for the last few weekends.

Ahh, assumed it was your maiden voyage.....that's what I get for assuming.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote