Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2018, 07:22 AM   #1

Leak around AC

I have a 2016 Crusader 5th wheel with 2 a/c's. The rear ac started leaking during a heave rainstorm last month, Have had it in the shop at 2 dealers and they can't find out where the leak is. Anyone out there have any ideas where to start.
Chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:12 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunker View Post
I have a 2016 Crusader 5th wheel with 2 a/c's. The rear ac started leaking during a heave rainstorm last month, Have had it in the shop at 2 dealers and they can't find out where the leak is. Anyone out there have any ideas where to start.
Remove the shroud on the roof. Clean all debris from the compressor. Clean weep holes. Tighten bolts securing the compressure to the roof. Caulk around these bolts. Calk around the compressor.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 03:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Remove the shroud on the roof. Clean all debris from the compressor. Clean weep holes. Tighten bolts securing the compressure to the roof. Caulk around these bolts. Calk around the compressor.

X2

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ak-152105.html

Check this thread out also. There are probably many others if you do a search to get some ideas on where else to look.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:43 PM   #4

My second one leaked too. I tightened up the bolts and sealed EVERYTHING under and around the A.C. unit. No leak since.
calgarycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 11:08 AM   #5

On a previous 5th wheel, Keystone Raptor, the new front air conditioner leaked. Turned out that the pan that collected the condensation drain wasn't opened up and the pan was filling up from the condensation and was leaking inside. I pulled the shroud, opened the drain and all was good from that point on. Drain low point should have been drilled out on installation but wasn't.

2012 Prime Time Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak