Old 11-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #1

Leaking in 320rlt crusader

We are parked at Onslow Beach, NC and had a terrific rain storm last night. Awoke this morning to find water seeping from under the refrigerator and stove. Not under the slide but actually under the appliances. Could it be leaking around the slide seals and running down behind the appliances? We have slide covers but there was lots of blowing water last night. I am so disappointed in this Crusader. Something is always going wrong with it. (electric shorts, broken hinges, carpet issues, tv and microwave that quit working, peeling decals, stuck windows, peeling wallpaper, corrosion in shower screwheads, mattress on bed SUCKS and already has two pits in it after 60 days of use, black tank handle vibrates off during travel, grey tanks won't register on panel, yada yada yada for a 2012 trailer) It has been in for service more than we have had it on the road. I am 7 states away from home with a camper full of grandkids. Do I cut my visit short and head home? How much damage can this water do? I have checked carefully everywhere else and there seems to be no leaks.

Another question about gas heat. We have only been here 5 days with heat on. Haven't done much gas cooking. Both propane tanks are now empty. Is that pretty common for running the heat? Will I only get a week out of two tanks for heat? That would get expensive fast I would imagine. Luckily the fake fireplace electric heat does the job. The hot water heater is electric and fridge is electric too.

Also the stereo comes on randomly in the middle of the night and sometimes during the day. Just turns itself on and begins to play. Not the tv. Just the stereo. If I have a DVD in it will start to play.

really wanted to just enjoy time with grandkids on the way to the mouse house. What a bummer this is.

Thanks, Michelle and the crew

Old 11-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpwelch50 View Post
We are parked at Onslow Beach, NC and had a terrific rain storm last night. Awoke this morning to find water seeping from under the refrigerator and stove. Not under the slide but actually under the appliances. Could it be leaking around the slide seals and running down behind the appliances? We have slide covers but there was lots of blowing water last night. I am so disappointed in this Crusader. Something is always going wrong with it. (electric shorts, broken hinges, carpet issues, tv and microwave that quit working, peeling decals, stuck windows, peeling wallpaper, corrosion in shower screwheads, mattress on bed SUCKS and already has two pits in it after 60 days of use, black tank handle vibrates off during travel, grey tanks won't register on panel, yada yada yada for a 2012 trailer) It has been in for service more than we have had it on the road. I am 7 states away from home with a camper full of grandkids. Do I cut my visit short and head home? How much damage can this water do? I have checked carefully everywhere else and there seems to be no leaks.

Another question about gas heat. We have only been here 5 days with heat on. Haven't done much gas cooking. Both propane tanks are now empty. Is that pretty common for running the heat? Will I only get a week out of two tanks for heat? That would get expensive fast I would imagine. Luckily the fake fireplace electric heat does the job. The hot water heater is electric and fridge is electric too.

Also the stereo comes on randomly in the middle of the night and sometimes during the day. Just turns itself on and begins to play. Not the tv. Just the stereo. If I have a DVD in it will start to play.

really wanted to just enjoy time with grandkids on the way to the mouse house. What a bummer this is.

Thanks, Michelle and the crew
Michelle,We have a 320 Crusader as well and have enjoyed it with just normal new rv small stuff going wrong... nothing major and just 2or three things in 6000 miles of use.

Take the refrigerator panel on the outside of the coach off and inspect inside. There is a 1/2" drain tube that should be inserted into one of the holes in the panel you removed. It lets any accumulated moisture or sweat drain to the outside. It must drain to the outside through the inspection panel. GOOD LUCK... HOPE THAT WORKS FOR YA.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
William

We also have a 2012 Crusader 320RLT. Have only had minor issues thus far. Propane use for the heater will depend on the amount of time it is running. Campers in general are not insulated very well and in cold weather or the thermostate set high, will run alot. We went on a ski trip in a smaller camper a couple of years ago and depleted my one bottle in about 3 days. I use the electric fire place on the Crusader to same on propane when camping in cold weather.
2015 (38 Nights Camped/3560 Miles)
2014 (28 Nights Camped/1980 Miles)
2013 (30 Nights Camped/1411 Miles)
WEMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #4

Not to sure if i want a Crusader now...
Old 11-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #5

Our 2012 had it's problems too. It is no different then any other trailer as far as quality, although some may lead you to think otherwise. After working through the problems of the trailer with the dealer and Prime Time it turns out to be a pretty good trailer. Prime Time does try to make it's owners happy with repairs, too bad they just don't put the extra effort when building.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
It may be possible that the rain entered behind the fridge through the access panel. I once had water there when washing my rig and being careless where sprayed the water.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #7

We're living in our 2012 325RES and only have had a few minor problems. We're currently in the upper peninsula of Michigan. Temps are in the 20-30's at night. We run through both propane tanks in a week.

Jay & Jill
Kyla (6yr old grandaughter)
Sam (13yr old Lab) Khloe (5yr old Shorkie)
2012 Crusader 325RES
2009 F350
JayandJill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
320rlt crusader, propane heat, water leak