Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2016, 11:15 AM   #1

Legend Tv's

My Tv's in my 3701 sanibel are not working properly !The tv in living room flashes in the background after about 45 minutes,the tv in the bedroom the remote doesn't work the tv the red light on the bottom of tv comes on intermittently ,when it does come on the remote will work ! Any ideas ?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River app.
Oigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:51 PM   #2

We too just began experiencing problems with the Legend 24" tv that is in the bedroom of our Sanibel 3501. After some troubleshooting, I have determined that the infrared sensor on the tv is no longer working properly! From what I have read...some of the tv's made in China, eg. Emerson, Insigna, Legend, etc. have been experiencing this kind of problem. We have requested another tv from our dealership before our 2-year warranty expires in the next few months!
dreamer5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 04:01 PM   #3

My tv wasn't responding very well with the remote, when I tried it for the first time. It seemed like I had to hold it just right and it was VERY slow to read it. I'm gonna try to replace the batteries but I think my ir sensor may be bad on it. It is a Legend also. I wasn't too happy with the cheap Sony system either. The sound isn't great and the system didn't have any HDMI inputs.
Landlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:05 PM   #4

The IR sensor on our large Legend set at the back of the 322RES is at the lower left hand corner of the TV. That's a nuisance because you sometimes have to lift the remote up high in order to have a line of sight to the sensor. Our Legend set has extra HDMI inputs on it.
Nights camped 2016=47 2017=67 2018=53 2019=121 2020=76 2021=106
dennisewitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:31 PM   #5
sji

Mines not working at all. Turned it off this morning and when I turned it back on a black screen is all I get.
sji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:05 PM   #6

When I had our LaCrosse 303 RKS, I put it in storage one year & was watching the tv while cleaning it out. In spring, I brought it home and had a beautiful picture.......absolutely NO sound. Go figure, not even on external speakers. 😠
rracer5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 03:09 PM   #7

Insigna

I have a new Forest River 5-Wheel and we need to know how to take the tv in the front room off the wall, so that we can hook up cable
mharlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 03:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mharlow View Post
I have a new Forest River 5-Wheel and we need to know how to take the tv in the front room off the wall, so that we can hook up cable
You should already have a "cable" connection outside the 5er. And you should already be "hooked up" behind the Tv. Just make sure your antenna booster is "off" or else it will interfere/block the campgrounds cable signal from getting through.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:55 AM   #9

Our 2011 LaCrosse 303 came with a Legend TV. I noticed we weren't receiving as many channels that we did on our previous tt's TV. Can't remember the brand of TV in that one.
Anyway, I purchased and inexpensive Vizio at Walmart and that's how I solved that problem.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:03 AM   #10

Yea Legend TV's are low-quality units that are not designed for RV usage un-like furrion & some Jenson units that are designed for RV & Marine usage. My Legend TV only seven months since we purchased our 5er has the same IR issues, fully expect it to take crap thank goodness 32inch TV's are so inexpensive now
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:52 AM   #11

Almost 4 years later and I've had ZERO issues with my Legend TV. Mind you it gets little use as we don't watch much TV when in the rig. Actually added one in the bedroom when we got the 5'r and I think it's been used maybe twice in 4 years. That said if the Legend dies swapping it out will be a non-issue. TV's are cheap.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 03:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post
Yea Legend TV's are low-quality units that are not designed for RV usage un-like furrion & some Jenson units that are designed for RV & Marine usage. My Legend TV only seven months since we purchased our 5er has the same IR issues, fully expect it to take crap thank goodness 32inch TV's are so inexpensive now
And you think "Furrion" is a high quality unit?

Put it beside a Samsung, Sony, LG, Vizio, Toshiba etc, ( even a Phillips or RCA ) and compare the picture quality. Better yet compare the tech specs.

They're not using Furrion in RV's because they're the best or they're made specifically for boats or RV's (which IMO is a load of cow poopage), its for another reason. All the stuff Furrion claims sure looks good on their website like they use "A+ panels" Take a magnifying glass to the Furrion or Legend or whatever RV manufacturer supplied TV it is and count the dead pixels. You'll find that is not even close to being rated A+. I am pretty sure panels are rated up to an A and their is no official rating of A+ anyway. But then again they can put whatever they want in their specs. The Furrion that came with our 17 Roo has by far the worst picture I have ever seen in an LCD TV and it has enough light bleed from the backlighting to light up the inside of the camper.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 04:17 AM   #13

Our Legend has a squacking noise when people talk....very vague i can hear it but DH cannot

Kinda like the teacher talking on Charlie Brown

I think its the cheap speaker setup on these....just waiting for it to quit so we can replace it

Other than the remote sensor being awkward the thing works okay

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 05:16 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Our Legend has a squacking noise when people talk....very vague i can hear it but DH cannot

I think its the cheap speaker setup on these....just waiting for it to quit so we can replace it

Sound like this does it?

Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:25 AM   #15

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums ����

If it's your main Tv, can you run your sound through the stereo/soundbar system? It should have been pre-wired.....most are.

Then go to menu, audio & turn off speakers.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
If it's your main Tv, can you run your sound through the stereo/soundbar system? It should have been pre-wired.....most are.

Then go to menu, audio & turn off speakers.

Yes we could run it thru the surround sound but i dont care for those and since DH cant hear the squwak we just leave as is

Its a cheap tv so we will replace when ready or maybe just upgrade to the Silverback that i want instead - problem solved !! 😱

Old 12-15-2016, 07:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Yes we could run it thru the surround sound but i dont care for those and since DH cant hear the squwak we just leave as is

Its a cheap tv so we will replace when ready or maybe just upgrade to the Silverback that i want instead - problem solved !! 😱

Ahhh....was just wondering if the squwak went away when sending sound through the sound system. If sound is clearer then you have bad speakers in the Tv. If squwak is still there then, the Tv's sound output is bad.

Then, just get the new Silverback.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
And you think "Furrion" is a high quality unit?

Put it beside a Samsung, Sony, LG, Vizio, Toshiba etc, ( even a Phillips or RCA ) and compare the picture quality. Better yet compare the tech specs.

They're not using Furrion in RV's because they're the best or they're made specifically for boats or RV's (which IMO is a load of cow poopage), its for another reason. All the stuff Furrion claims sure looks good on their website like they use "A+ panels" Take a magnifying glass to the Furrion or Legend or whatever RV manufacturer supplied TV it is and count the dead pixels. You'll find that is not even close to being rated A+. I am pretty sure panels are rated up to an A and their is no official rating of A+ anyway. But then again they can put whatever they want in their specs. The Furrion that came with our 17 Roo has by far the worst picture I have ever seen in an LCD TV and it has enough light bleed from the backlighting to light up the inside of the camper.
I agree to disagree Furrion is a higher end product not the best by any means. Also Furrion TV’s have more connection options VS other higher end brands like Samsung that have less options because they are designed for HD usage. Furrion's are also engineered for mobile applications do your research. I have no reservations buying a Furrion for my RV, don’t need Samsung that’s just over doing it. Legend TV is a low quality unit no doubt about that.
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:08 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Ahhh....was just wondering if the squwak went away when sending sound through the sound system. If sound is clearer then you have bad speakers in the Tv. If squwak is still there then, the Tv's sound output is bad.

Then, just get the new Silverback.

I like your thinking on the new Silverback 😉

RV show in January will prob have it there....too bad the dealer that has three of them right now is C...ing W..ld - not sure if we want to deal with them