Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2015, 10:04 PM   #71
Senior Member
 
CWSWine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyg View Post
Well, if you put boards or the plastic blocks under the tires on one side to get it as level as possible side to side, then your front jacks will of course have to be adjusted uneven.
The OP has "Auto Level" and 99% of the time you don't need to use blocks to level the 5er. All jacks run independent of each other to level the 5er. The front jacks run independent of each other, you an use "Auto Level" or move them up and down independent of each other to level the 5er. The rear jacks on a "Auto Level" are designed to take the weight of the 5er.
__________________

__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D Diesel Pusher 41 foot. CC 5740
2017 Solitude 310GK-R Pick Up Oct 24th.
2016 GMC Denali 1 ton Cargo Capacity 3722 lbs
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:20 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
The OP has "Auto Level" and 99% of the time you don't need to use blocks to level the 5er. All jacks run independent of each other to level the 5er. The front jacks run independent of each other, you an use "Auto Level" or move them up and down independent of each other to level the 5er. The rear jacks on a "Auto Level" are designed to take the weight of the 5er.
I am not referring to blocks under the jacks. Talking about putting them under the tires if they lift off the ground, to protect the axils.

I understand he has ato leveling but that doesn't keep the tires on the ground. Not only that but many others are reading this thread. I don't think most 5er's have auto leveling.

Jim
__________________

__________________
07 Dodge 1500 crew cab with 20" wheels, 08 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra-lite 8280SS
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
George Bernard Shaw
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:17 AM   #73
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by labarn View Post
Nice job but why so big and heavy?


Labarn
Yes it is big and heavy but it gives me a lot of adjustment and I don't have to stack boards and hope that they don't slide apart when I am leveling. This is version 1.0., not sure what next version looks like yet.
__________________
2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2503S
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 L
Equalizer 10,000# Hitch
sjones61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:26 AM   #74
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones61 View Post
Yes it is big and heavy but it gives me a lot of adjustment and I don't have to stack boards and hope that they don't slide apart when I am leveling. This is version 1.0., not sure what next version looks like yet.
Top looks a little too small for a tire to stop and be blocked.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:00 AM   #75
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 54
I guess I would not want to be in an rv site that out of level. We were given one that was both up hill and very bad left to right but made the office give us another site that was not great but ok for one night.
I like to see what others do for fixing problems and I do the same for us.


labarn
__________________
labarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:11 AM   #76
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by labarn View Post
I guess I would not want to be in an rv site that out of level. We were given one that was both up hill and very bad left to right but made the office give us another site that was not great but ok for one night.
I like to see what others do for fixing problems and I do the same for us.


labarn
Then read this complete thread and learn. You will be able to use unleveled sites after reading this thread, lot of good info.

Jim
__________________
07 Dodge 1500 crew cab with 20" wheels, 08 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra-lite 8280SS
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
George Bernard Shaw
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:47 AM   #77
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Top looks a little too small for a tire to stop and be blocked.
Yes the top is too small but I was limited by the length of my storage compartment and this is the first version. I will probably remove the top piece.
__________________
2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2503S
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 L
Equalizer 10,000# Hitch
sjones61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:49 AM   #78
Senior Member
 
DKRITTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Haslet Texas
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones61 View Post
Mind if I ask how much that weighs?
__________________
DKRITTER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:59 AM   #79
Senior Member
 
nomad297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,241
I carry 30 Lynx Levelers. I haven't visited a site that I couldn't obtain level. I have used all 30 a couple of times.

Bruce
__________________
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:21 PM   #80
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 22
Have not weighed it. 30+ would be my guess. Only difference between this and a bunch of the same loose boards is some screws and glue.
__________________

__________________
2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2503S
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 L
Equalizer 10,000# Hitch
sjones61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
leveling

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.