Old 10-08-2015, 09:43 PM   #1

Lippert Ground Control Leveling System - Reset

I have the 4 point lippert ground control leveling system and every time I use it it lifts the wheels off the ground. I am considering using the manual mode and getting the unit level and reseting the system. The manual says to turn the system off and push the front button 10 times and then the rear button 10 times manually level the unit and press enter to finish. Has anybody done this reset and was it successful? Does the system have a level sensor in the controller and memorizes the new level condition or does it base it's level condition on the extension point of the legs?

Thanks in advance for your input.

2015 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 Diesel CC SB, Demco 18K Hijacker Auto Slide, Pace Edwards Electric Tonneau, TST TPMS 507 Standard Sensors, Titan 50 Gallon Midship Fuel Tank

2016 Prime Time Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel, Dometic Slide Toppers
KEG_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:46 AM   #2

Lippert Ground Control Leveling System - Reset

I've done it and it worked. Wheels off the ground should only happen occasionally. As far as how the computer works I would assume it just memorized whatever setting is input. No real sensors or level built in.

2014 295rst champ te
2009 2500hd GMC d/a

Old 10-09-2015, 10:02 AM   #3
Mod free 5er

Evidently you don't believe the manual Keg 75?
Old 10-09-2015, 10:10 AM   #4

Yes OC I have read the manual and I do have faith in it. However it is always a good idea to check with those who have experience with the issues you face so you can be aware of any unexpected issues they may have encounter.

2015 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 Diesel CC SB, Demco 18K Hijacker Auto Slide, Pace Edwards Electric Tonneau, TST TPMS 507 Standard Sensors, Titan 50 Gallon Midship Fuel Tank

2016 Prime Time Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel, Dometic Slide Toppers
KEG_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:45 AM   #5
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEG_75 View Post
Yes OC I have read the manual and I do have faith in it. However it is always a good idea to check with those who have experience with the issues you face so you can be aware of any unexpected issues they may have encounter.
Just thought it funny you would ask someone else that had no doubt read the instructions and followed them. I guess, I would assume if there were any unexpected issues that the mfgr would also put a Caution note in the instructions. NO OFFENSE, just thought it was funny.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:49 PM   #6
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

LCI has yotubes demonstrating this. Search "Ground Control 3.0"
Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote 6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 04:57 PM   #7

I experienced the same problem. I finally realized what I was doing wrong. When the camper is on a slope I was letting the stabilizers down to far. As the leveling system was doing its thing the low side could not retract enough to make the camper level. Consequently, the other end was being lifted up to compensate. Since then I leave about 4" of air between the bottom of the stabilizer feet and the ground. Have not had an issue since. Same thing could happen if you are not level left to right. I use the leveling system to tell me if the camper is level left to right. If not, I level with some 2x8's and 1x8's under the tires then start the auto leveling system.

2016 PT Crusader 335BHS
2015 Chevy 2500 Diesel High Country
335bhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:34 PM   #8
CMSgt. (Ret) Charlie Brown

I too had the same problem of tires coming off the ground. I resolved it by leveling side to side with either Lego blocks or plastic wedges under the tires. I do use the green dots on control panel and a carpenters level to determine low/high side and then level up. Then we drop the front until the green dot on panel tells me I am low. Hit auto level and it works. Tires stay on ground.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-09-2015, 10:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrv View Post
I've done it and it worked. Wheels off the ground should only happen occasionally. As far as how the computer works I would assume it just memorized whatever setting is input. No real sensors or level built in.

2014 295rst champ te
2009 2500hd GMC d/a
There has to be a sensor built in since no two campgrounds are the same so it can't just remember that one setting.

When I put mine in manual the display tells me the degrees the front is down or up and the same side to side. When front to back is 0 degrees and left and right are zero degrees you are level. You can reset your auto level calibration at that point. If you aren't sure, put your long level on it.

Keg..keep asking questions. You learned more here than what is in the manual in just a few posts..

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:13 PM   #10
Plain Old Member

There is a sensor in the system. A front and a rear box usually, if you can find them. You have the control panel, then you have the other pieces (can't remember the name). In our silverback, the front one was in the very front basement ceiling. The other was under the camper in the rear somewhere I think. I might be wrong but I think I remember there being 2 on that system.

We had the level up, but it was the same procedure, 10 of this button, 10 of that, reset, and it might last a few levels, then get out of whack again. Hardly ever went to the same exact spot twice. I don't like them really. I always used manual mode. If you like the gadgets, it's all good. I'll never own an automatic leveling system. Instead I'll spend my $2k to $3k on modifications.

Assuming the systems work, you'll beat me on set up. One hiccup in the system, and I'm sitting under my awning already set up while the others are recalibrating and re-leveling, or I'm going over to help them out. I've seen way to many issues with them. Have owned the LCI, HWH and BigFoot. All had similar issues.

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling