Old 07-30-2016, 11:19 AM   #1

Looking to buy a prime time crusader 380 mbh

We're looking to buy a prime time crusader 380 mbh. We are in love with the floor plan.

Anyone who has one, heard about how well it performs for families, or heard of any problems with that model - please share.

Thanks!

Old 08-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #2

Our family owns a 2016 Prime Time Crusader 296bhs although the floor plan is different than the one youíre looking at I can attest to the performance of the product. My kids enjoyed the bunk room with private door, we enjoy the full-size bathroom with shower, having our bedroom on the far end away from the kids gives us a bit of privacy and thatís a big plus.

Weíve traveled with our Crusader through six states over 20 days and the performance has been great the only minor issues we had was the auto leveling 2.0 electrical system losing its memory that had to be recalibrated. Auto leveling 2.0 from Lippert components is not the best (basic system) but itís better than no Auto leveling.

Few things that you should check upon purchase;
Walk on your roof make sure all the seals are intact my unit needed a couple of touchups here and there all minor but certainly things you should check
Check your black tank systems and water tank systems make sure that you can actually register a level reading. My black tank system was wired in reverse met three other Crusader owners that have had the same exact thing. Either hook it up to water at the dealer or make them fill up the fresh tank and run it into your gray and black tanks.

Two AC units are must make sure you spring for this option.

Also make sure that you have all your remote controls because my dealer told me that one remote control everything only to find out after purchase it did not.

A few minor things that I have fixed myself thus far are, sound bar has had issues found one on eBay for $40 bucks much cheaper to replace myself than taking to the dealer, spare tire was not put in correctly at the factory I had to cut the bolts off and install new high-quality stainless steel hardware $10 fix did it myself, replace the stock shower head with the oxygenics unit much better pressure when taking a shower not a necessity but well worth the upgrade. We also upgraded the Pin box to a Reese air ride coupler BIG BIG improvement allot less vertical shock & less chucking makes towing the 5er a pleasure.

What we love about our unit; bunk room for the kids with separate door, the size of the bathroom huge plus, hot water heater works great quick recovery, outside kitchen with refrigerator huge plus we used this every day, larger than normal inside refrigerator, solid surface countertops, stainless steel double bowl sink with spray nozzle facet, interior LED lights, quiet ducked AC, artificial fireplace/heater, Dexter axle and suspension, basic auto leveling better than no auto leveling, upgraded 16 inch alloy wheels and tires for better towing, improved extended season camping, reduced weight and reduced length (of our model) weighs 8900LBS only 34FT.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	606.5 KB
ID:	115989  

Old 08-21-2016, 09:59 AM   #3

Esmoglo,

Thanks! We bought it. Tested it out this weekend. I LOVE it.

The living room in the back with the fireplace is great - there are recliners too, the kitchen is amazing, the side bunk room is in a great spot, the master bedroom gets 5 stars, the bathroom is excellent. The AC works great.

Major issue with the landing and leveling gear. A tech had to come to us. He replaced the entire wiring. Now that we are trying to leave, one of the legs will not retract all the way. So... It's back to the dealer we go.

Question, when the AC runs there is water constantly coming off the roof and down the water guides. Is that to be expected?
Old 08-21-2016, 10:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMom View Post
Esmoglo,

The living room in the back with the fireplace is great - there are recliners too, the kitchen is amazing, the side bunk room is in a great spot, the master bedroom gets 5 stars, the bathroom is excellent. The AC works great.

Major issue with the landing and leveling gear. A tech had to come to us. He replaced the entire wiring. Now that we are trying to leave, one of the legs will not retract all the way. So... It's back to the dealer we go.

Question, when the AC runs there is water constantly coming off the roof and down the water guides. Is that to be expected?

You could try manually extending all the levelers (while still hooked to the TV) and then press "Auto Retract". I've had that happen once & that process seemed to straighten it out.

And Yes, a lot of water will come off the roof when A/C's are running.

Good luck, I'm glad your happy with PT!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Esmoglo,

LCI 4point system? Connect to the TV then push all 4 buttons to retract. That leg should then go up and your system reset. If not call LCI their help has been great (except once) says everyone.
CaptnJohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Esmoglo,

Dealer and Lippert had to replace my entire leveling system to fix some bug in it.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Esmoglo,

Yea the AC drip off the roof is normal no issues that’s normal. Glad you are enjoying your new rig! Mine is getting slide toppers in the next few weeks not a big fan of climbing on the roof just to dry off the slide & clear it of any derbies.

In terms of the leveling system it’s a budget low level system I don’t expect too much from it. You must make every effort to level the RV before using this system would be better if it were a six point system VS a four point system.

Anyways take a pic lets see your new toy…
Old 08-31-2016, 10:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post
Yea the AC drip off the roof is normal no issues thatís normal. Glad you are enjoying your new rig! Mine is getting slide toppers in the next few weeks not a big fan of climbing on the roof just to dry off the slide & clear it of any derbies.

In terms of the leveling system itís a budget low level system I donít expect too much from it. You must make every effort to level the RV before using this system would be better if it were a six point system VS a four point system.

Anyways take a pic lets see your new toyÖ
Disagree --- at least if the TT system is comparable to Ground Control 3.0 on my 5er. No need to level my 5er, just press the button and let the system level and stabilize. I'm only at 12,300# and if over 14,000 would want the 6 point system. I simply put a plastic pad under each leg to keep them clean and push the button. By the time the water hose is connected it is done. The only "budget" part being it is worth every dime. Each leg is rated to 5000 # . I have not carried a board to level at all.

Tags
crusader, prime time