Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #1

Lot's of little problems SOLVED

My 355BHQ has had lot's of little problems as well as some big ones. My dealer has taken care of them for me but some have been ignored by PT. I have camped in it twice.

It is a 2013 and quite frankly I think these little problems are from lack of proper design.

Newest problem: My landing gear is far to light duty to hold and level my 15K 5er. It is ovaling out the holes in the drop tubes and makes it next to impossible to raise the drop leg once you pull the stop pin to put it into traveling position. It also bends the retaining pin on the feet the first time you set it down on it's own weight, letting the pin now work free and the foot falls off. It's a good thing they only fall off when I was parked but I can assure you if it was to happen on the road and injured someone I would be all over PT because a 5 lb chunk of steel flying down the road at 65mph could really hurt someone.

The back room slide with the outdoor kitchen in it is not cut square and hangs out 2 inches at the bottom VS the top and the door tweeks when you shut it. Do you guys know how to cut a straight line? I think not!

The interior door jambs look like they were cut by a beginner who was drunk on a Monday with a hangover. If I hung a door like that in my customers house they would fire me on the spot and then sue me for what it took for someone else to fix it and then some.

As RVGUY said in a previous post about outdoor kitchen doors, mine leaks and also gets inside because of the poor quality of the door it is unstoppable and the door should be made with appropriate sealants DURING assembly and not silicone after the fact. He also said they dont want to just put silicone on it because it is a bandaid and will fail.

TO RVGUY: Have you looked at your product lately? It is held together with silicone and the whole thing is a dirt magnet. Maybe you should take a look at what you said in the other post and apply that to the constuction of ALL your RV's. Silicone is NOT a proper sealent because it holds water and molds and nothing will ever stick there again.

I am really quite perturbed that I need to keep getting my RV fixed and re fixed and fixed again because PT will not authorize proper fixes to the real problems. Have not even had this a year and it has been to the shop 4 times and it is not fixed STILL. I am not about to ruin my good relationship with my dealer because PT can't figure out how to design something from the start.

BTW It has already started a delam in some areas. PT better step up or it is going to be a Lemon Law trailer soon, and I will never look at another FR product as long as I live. I dont care if it was a Monday trailer or not.

Are these petty things? I don't think so, as I have to work extra hard to get the money to pay for this crap.

Signed Very pissed off $50,000 trailer owner.
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Sorry for the issues you are having and we want to help. If you would, please, contact Roger @ rstickel@forestriverinc.com. He is our Retail Service Manager and can make sure we are helping the dealer resolve your issues.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #3

Rodger and I are not seeing eye-to-eye.

My latest discovery is how much cargo i CAN NOT haul.

I am not sure how you think you can fix this unless you are going to put a new set of axles under it and get permission from Lippert about the chassis, and then document it with paperwork I can present to the DOT that shows a higher GVWR.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post339163
Old 04-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #4

The unit has been droped off at the dealer.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #5

My weight sticker. I apparently had not posted this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-03-31_21-34-33_938a.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	27429  
Old 04-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynkage View Post
My weight sticker. I apparently had not posted this.
This is almost exactly the dry weight and payload capacity listed on PT website so I don't understand the problem.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #7

X2. 2000 lbs is a lot of cargo. Did you misread and look at the metric number?
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #8

Repairs

Having experienced nearly the same problems with our 2011 crusader 270ret...we did not consider letting it go back to the factory for repairs, our friend in michigan did and everything was taken care of first hand..you might want to consider letting them take it back and repair what is needed there..if i had it to do again, that is what we would do...but like you, this will be our first and last pt unit...take care and good luck
we are still having some issues, but hopefully in august when we go to in, someone will come out and check things out first hand..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynkage View Post
my 355bhq has had lot's of little problems as well as some big ones. My dealer has taken care of them for me but some have been ignored by pt. I have camped in it twice.

It is a 2013 and quite frankly i think these little problems are from lack of proper design.

Newest problem: My landing gear is far to light duty to hold and level my 15k 5er. It is ovaling out the holes in the drop tubes and makes it next to impossible to raise the drop leg once you pull the stop pin to put it into traveling position. It also bends the retaining pin on the feet the first time you set it down on it's own weight, letting the pin now work free and the foot falls off. It's a good thing they only fall off when i was parked but i can assure you if it was to happen on the road and injured someone i would be all over pt because a 5 lb chunk of steel flying down the road at 65mph could really hurt someone.

The back room slide with the outdoor kitchen in it is not cut square and hangs out 2 inches at the bottom vs the top and the door tweeks when you shut it. Do you guys know how to cut a straight line? I think not!

The interior door jambs look like they were cut by a beginner who was drunk on a monday with a hangover. If i hung a door like that in my customers house they would fire me on the spot and then sue me for what it took for someone else to fix it and then some.

As rvguy said in a previous post about outdoor kitchen doors, mine leaks and also gets inside because of the poor quality of the door it is unstoppable and the door should be made with appropriate sealants during assembly and not silicone after the fact. He also said they dont want to just put silicone on it because it is a bandaid and will fail.

To rvguy: Have you looked at your product lately? It is held together with silicone and the whole thing is a dirt magnet. Maybe you should take a look at what you said in the other post and apply that to the constuction of all your rv's. Silicone is not a proper sealent because it holds water and molds and nothing will ever stick there again.

I am really quite perturbed that i need to keep getting my rv fixed and re fixed and fixed again because pt will not authorize proper fixes to the real problems. Have not even had this a year and it has been to the shop 4 times and it is not fixed still. I am not about to ruin my good relationship with my dealer because pt can't figure out how to design something from the start.

Btw it has already started a delam in some areas. Pt better step up or it is going to be a lemon law trailer soon, and i will never look at another fr product as long as i live. I dont care if it was a monday trailer or not.

Are these petty things? I don't think so, as i have to work extra hard to get the money to pay for this crap.

Signed very pissed off $50,000 trailer owner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PC290002.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	27478  
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrjet View Post
This is almost exactly the dry weight and payload capacity listed on PT website so I don't understand the problem.

My Trailer weighs 700LBS more than the sticker says.

I must say it seems as though we may have a solution. I have offered to pay for upgraded axles and stickers and they will send them here to our PT servicing dealer to be installed here.

I am waiting for them to give the final ok and give a price to the dealer so that we can just be on our way camping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
X2. 2000 lbs is a lot of cargo. Did you misread and look at the metric number?

2000lbs is not much cargo.
Start with 450lbs for water then add another 100 for propane and battery.
Now you only have 1450 left for food pots and pans kids stuff clothing emergency items beading toiletries............

You can chew that 1450 up real quick for a family of 5. We camp in lots of Colorado's campsites that don't have hookups. Just the outdoors and some fishing. We want to camp our way and have been doing that for many years.

What happens if I want the second AC unit? There goes another 150 lbs.

My point is Everything adds up. We just want a usable trailer that will suit our family's needs. My kids aren't getting any smaller either and just want to get out and camp!!
Old 04-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #10

LK

We should be there in August as well. Hopefully we can get together and meet some more of the forum members. It should be a great time!!
Old 04-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #11

You knew it had a maximum 2K payload when you bought it. Won't comment on the 'incorrect sticker weight' statement.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #12

My dealer already weighed it and confirmed.

I was also just letting people know that I have found 2k is not really that much weight capacity when a family of 5 is involved. Just trying to be safe is all.
I have been a little overbering with my first statement but I can't change that. It is however how I felt about the situation and I am trying to get resolve through the Dealer/Manufaturer and by doing so we may come to a mutual agreement about how to fix it and move forward so my family can go camping this summer.

All we want is to go camping without worries. That is why most of go.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #13

I would like to say I did not approach the issue with Primetime in a manner that put everyone on an level playing field.

To begin with I did not have an open attitude towards Roger and that just put everyone on the defensive right of the bat!

Sorry to everyone at PT, I should have been the one to insist on being level headed and try to explain my point in a more even tone without thinking you were going to just push me aside and tell me forget it.

After some back and forth, I contacted PT and spoke with Jeff and we were able to talk it out and I was able to explain calmly my issues and Jeff listened and then investigated and replied back to me in a very timely manner with a solution that works well for my family and I and one I hope works well for Primetime too.

I have learned a very valuable lesson on how to address issues with others no matter what the situation and to get a positive outcome and attitude.

I also am proud of Primetime and the trailer that was made right here in the USA.

Thanks to Primetime and Forest River, my family and I can go camping worry free and feel safe out there on the road.

We really do love the 355BHQ and look forward to many years of "Happy Campers" with PT and FR!! We also look forward to seeing the plant when we are out there for the FROG rally in Goshen!!
Old 04-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #14

Customer service is a lost art. The prime time folks truly know how to keep Rv owners happy. Awesome bunch for sure and it starts at the top.
Enjoy your rig.
Paul

2014 Crusader 295rst touring champagne
2009 Duramax