Old 08-26-2016, 08:55 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshelley View Post
We just purchased the '17 Crusader 338RSK, used it two weekends so far and completely dig it so far. No problems what so ever.....knock on wood. Heading back out tomorrow for a 5 day weekend at a park. Enjoying what's left of summer, enjoy your Crusader!
to the forum tshelly & congrats on your new trailer!
Just went to PT's web site and looked at your floorplan.....very nice!
Enjoy your new trailer and safe travels.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 04:56 PM   #22

Lovin' the Crusader 315RST

We got our 315RST a little over a month ago from Three Way Campers in Marietta GA. We have only had one issue so far related to the front AC unit throwing an E1 code on the thermostat. The dealer is working that one. Everything else is working great. Just finished pulling it from just north of Atlanta to Savannah GA and it is very easy to tow. Spent a week in it without issue. Love the floor plan. Came out of a class C and are still amazed at all the storage. No regrets. Looking forward to fall/winter which is our favorite camping season.

Good SAM # 807510227
FROG # GA-0056-236
Jlreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:44 PM   #23

Lookin' good Jlreeves

Of course I am biased somewhat.....

Gary & Trish

2016 Nights Camped - 9
Old 08-28-2016, 10:53 AM   #24

We enjoy our 295RST. We had/have a minor issue with the floor where one of the heat register was mushy. Turned out that the was/is nothing supporting the floor there. The factory just used a strap to hold up the register. The dealer resolved that problem but the floor was still mushy to the left of the register due to nothing supporting that are. It is back to dealer to support that whole area.

Duane
2011 Toyota Tundra V8 iForce 5.7 381HP 4.10 gears 6 speed automatic

2016 Crusader 295RST FW
Old 08-30-2016, 11:19 AM   #25

We have a 2016 315RST. We bought it at the end of June and camped in it for two months in northern Montana and southern Alberta. It was a wonderful summer. We had very few issues. The water leaked very slowly under the kitchen sink. Fortunately I had put a basin there so there was no water damage. My husband fixed that. Some decorative stripping came loose in the dining table slide. The hitch cover came off the first trip. The biggest annoyance was that the fridge doesn't cool well at all when running on propane. As we like to stay in state and provincial parks, that was pretty annoying, particularly since the weather was really warm. I guess we will be buying a generator. In its price range, the Crusader was easily the most attractive and option loaded fifth wheel we saw in two years of researching. We plan on retiring soon and will spend up to 4 months a year in it.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:46 PM   #26

Good to hear that the 315RSTY is working out for you momg3.
I've had ours hooked up for almost a week now and the AC is working as good as you could expect with outside temps in the high 90's and a few days of triple digit temps. I set the thermostat at 70 degrees and at the hottest part of the day the temp in the trailer's living area has never gotten above 77 degrees. The bedroom stays around 70.
I've had our fridge on electric and only tried the gas side a couple of times just to see if it was working. We usually camp with full hook ups, so it's never been a big concern for us.
I checked the connections under both sinks when we brought the trailer home. Just something I've always done 2 or 3 times each camping season. Sometimes they will loosen up during travel.
During our PDI there were a couple of cosmetic issues that our dealer fixed on the spot, the slide's trim over the dinning table was one. I actually spotted that when we first looked at the trailer the week before.
We've got the trailer just about fully loaded tonight and in the morning I'll finish loading then head out to a local SP where we'll camp for the next week. By the time we get back home I should know if there are any bugs that I haven't found yet.

Gary & Trish

2016 Nights Camped - 9
Old 08-31-2016, 02:20 PM   #27

Outlets!

We purchased our 2016 Crusader 315RST last month and today I noticed there are electric outlets at the bottom on the bed (one on each side). My question is, where do you put anything that you plug into them, there are no night tables or shelves next to the bed? I have the TV and fan plugged in at the dresser but nowhere to put the alarm clock or phone chargers.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:38 PM   #28
sji

My crusader has the same. I plug my charger in there and just lay my phone on the floor for the night. Kindle works well their too.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:36 PM   #29

I have a light metal mesh filing cabinet that I use as a nightstand. I store my kobo, books, crosswords etc in the drawers and just pick it up and lay it on the bed when I pull in the slide. It works great. I got it at Ikea a few years ago, but they don't sell it anymore.

This is the closest I could find to it:
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S29183909/

Tags
crusader