Old 10-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyrarnold View Post
Bought the mattress on amazon. Type in short queen and several will come up. We bought a cheaper one (about$200). It's not as good as mine at home, but MUCH better then the original. We put our topper on it and it's pretty good. It is also made in the USA, and weighs about 30 lbs or less, so getting I to the bed storage is fine. In fact the board stays up better than the original. And thanks for the link. I'll check that out. I take it the x chocks work well?
Kathy, what size mattress did you get... most of what I see is 60 x 74. My mattress measures, if I remember correctly, is 59 x 70... did you get a 60 x 74 to work?

2 Wilderness Systems Kayaks
Nights Spent Camping in 2011 (19), 2012 (16)
http://www.armadillotimes.com
HondoPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondoPatrick

Kathy, what size mattress did you get... most of what I see is 60 x 74. My mattress measures, if I remember correctly, is 59 x 70... did you get a 60 x 74 to work?
Yes, that size worked just fine. Near as I could tell it seemed to be the same size as the original. Our topper is a bit too long so a regular queen won't fit, but the short queens will. We bought the Serenia 6". Like I said, not as good as home but check the weight. Shipping weight is 33.8 and I think the mattress itself is at least 5 lbs less than that. If you are looking for a much better mattress there are some really nice ones, but again, weight is a lot more and so is the price.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyrarnold

Yes, that size worked just fine. Near as I could tell it seemed to be the same size as the original. Our topper is a bit too long so a regular queen won't fit, but the short queens will. We bought the Serenia 6". Like I said, not as good as home but check the weight. Shipping weight is 33.8 and I think the mattress itself is at least 5 lbs less than that. If you are looking for a much better mattress there are some really nice ones, but again, weight is a lot more and so is the price.
We have the Lacrosse 301 RLS and before we used it I added a 6" extension to the end of the bed base and we then have since moved our full Queen sleep number matress in and it is well worht it. Of course since then we have sold our house (sold in 2 days) and are now full timing it in our Lacrosse and loving it. Thebed is GREAT.

Tags
318bhs