Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2015, 07:20 AM   #1

Maiden voyage/shakedown

Just returned last night from our 1st trip in our camper that we purchased back in June. Went to the Daytona 500 and back for a total of 2081.9 miles. Issues That I/we found that need addressed.

Camper towed really well with no issues, except that I think I need to tweak the weight distribution.

Toilet flush valve was cracked. When I turned on the pump, it looked like a fountain in the bathroom. I had to disconnect the supply line and plug it so we could still use it with a jug of water.

Grey water tank gives false levels. I know this because the first time I filled the potable water tank (48 gal), after three days, the tank showed that it was full, with the potable water tank showing 2/3 full. The grey tank is 60 gallons and we were taking "Sea showers".

Both the grey water and black water tank valves leak by.

Kitchen slide needs adjusting. Looks like it does not seal completely when in the extended position. There is about a 1-1/2" gap between the slide and the wall, vs no gap on the dining slide.

Diner slide is leaving a black mark on the floor and the underside is wearing.

Replaced the supplied short foam mattress with a full sized 8" queen memory foam mattress prior to departure. What a differance for me.

The awning arms will slide back up to the normal position after the angle adjustment knobs have been tightened. I did get Old Coots awning brackets installed while I was there. So this should make this a moot issue.

Overall though we had a great experience.

Days camped 2014 - 0, 2015 - 24
IlliniJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:18 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJoe View Post
Just returned last night from our 1st trip in our camper that we purchased back in June. Went to the Daytona 500 and back for a total of 2081.9 miles. Issues That I/we found that need addressed.

Camper towed really well with no issues, except that I think I need to tweak the weight distribution.

Toilet flush valve was cracked. When I turned on the pump, it looked like a fountain in the bathroom. I had to disconnect the supply line and plug it so we could still use it with a jug of water.

Have to get that fixed

Grey water tank gives false levels. I know this because the first time I filled the potable water tank (48 gal), after three days, the tank showed that it was full, with the potable water tank showing 2/3 full. The grey tank is 60 gallons and we were taking "Sea showers".

Always a false read , normal

Both the grey water and black water tank valves leak by.

Not normal, added to the punch list

Kitchen slide needs adjusting. Looks like it does not seal completely when in the extended position. There is about a 1-1/2" gap between the slide and the wall, vs no gap on the dining slide.

Yep, need adjustment

Diner slide is leaving a black mark on the floor and the underside is wearing.

see this as it may help http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f210/slide-out-underside-wearing-45789-46.html#post786145

Slide-slickers stop mine from leaving black marks.

Replaced the supplied short foam mattress with a full sized 8" queen memory foam mattress prior to departure. What a differance for me.

The awning arms will slide back up to the normal position after the angle adjustment knobs have been tightened. I did get Old Coots awning brackets installed while I was there. So this should make this a moot issue.

Brackets and poles work good to hold the awning
Overall though we had a great experience.
How was the race?

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:39 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with platokidd except 2/3 full on black tank after 3 days even with navy showers isn't uncommon. You need to do a more controlled test on that to see how the sensor functions.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:49 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
I agree with platokidd except 2/3 full on black tank after 3 days even with navy showers isn't uncommon. You need to do a more controlled test on that to see how the sensor functions.
Agree , Im sure the op had plenty of room in his grey tank.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 06:05 AM   #5

Plato,

The race was great. We got there on the 12th when the infield opened and left on the 23rd. Spent two nights at the campground at Fort Rucker, Al. If you are a Military I.D. Holder, I highly recommend it. The only bad thing about the race though was my neighbor on the infield, was a fellow Ketuckian that also happened to be the 2014 Kansas City BBQ Society Champion. now I'm scared to weigh myself after having to smell the smoke from the smokers and eat all of that sinful smokey candy.

Days camped 2014 - 0, 2015 - 24
IlliniJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
I believe he said (Gray Tank 2/3 full) after 3 days. Youroo!! I agree on the (Fort Rucker C/G also)!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 12:09 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I believe he said (Gray Tank 2/3 full) after 3 days. Youroo!! I agree on the (Fort Rucker C/G also)!
Yup that's what I meant to type. Grey not black, that's what I get for late night posting.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote