Old 10-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #11

We got a sleep number mattress and wouldn't trade it for anything. We were lucky that our previous TT could accommodate the 6 extra inches of a normal queen - I just had to extend the platform 6 inches. Lucky because the 86" standard queen was 1/2 the cost of the 80" RV queen! When shopping for our 5er, a long enough bedroom was a requirement. Again, I had to replace the decking on the bed, but that's pretty simple. Dealer was cool with us doing the swap, helped us move it.

Comfy, comfy, comfy!!!

Old 10-24-2011, 11:06 PM   #12

My DH had a bracket fabricated for our "blue boy" and it stores underneath. We use bungee cords to prevent load shift. Works like a charm. Send me a PM if you'd like his input/ideas.[/QUOTE]

I had a guy bend up some 1/8" x2" SS into 2 "U" shaped brackets with extra height to accompany this I had 2 "L" shaped brackets bent. I git lucky on mine and was able to bolt these to frame cross members directly infront of the axles. this left me with about 10" of ground clearance to the bottom of the tank but being right in front of the axle it has given e no issues. The steps actually hang lower on our trailer.
One word of caution is this may void the manufacturers frame warrenty.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:51 AM   #13

Location: Close to North / South Carolina border and Blue Ridge Mountains
Good suggestion! It appears as though I’m on the right track with my concept. For my design I’m considering a clamp arrangement with locking nut rather than bolting to the frame. The “tank support straps” could be removed at any time and perhaps be used on another TT. By clamping rather than bolting (requires drilling a mounting hole(s) I think one would maintain the frame integrity and therefore the manufacture’s warranty. If I’m able to construct a workable under belly storage frame, I post with photos on this forum. I will not start the bracket design until my TT is delivered in 6-8 weeks and I can obtain good dimensions.

Rustymax
Old 10-25-2011, 08:15 AM   #14

I had a Equalizer 4 point hitch , when we had a TT. Nice.. I stopped a lot of the noise by "lubing" the pivot point on the hitch where your heavy bars insert . lube it there then swing them back and forth
Old 10-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #15

i'm probably the only one on here that has had problems removing the lug nuts. what ever fits (metric or sae), get the other as well.
if u have the decorative lug nuts, they are a different size when the cover comes off. (if u can't see threads when they are installed...good chance they are decorative).
a 2' breaker bar and deep sockets for the lug nuts. they always seem to be tighter when u need to remove them.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #16

There are an awful lot of complaints about the mattresses. Ours is a residential Serta and it is great. I'm assuming all campers aren't equipped with the same?
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:02 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
There are an awful lot of complaints about the mattresses. Ours is a residential Serta and it is great. I'm assuming all campers aren't equipped with the same?
My trailer came with a futon pad, also known as an oversize puppy pad. I replaced it with a mattress-in-a-box from Walmart that I really like a lot. I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable it is.

I gave the futon mattress to my sister to use for the dogs.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #18

You might want to forget the bottle neck jack and get you a small 2-3 ton floor jack. Ever try to change a tire on side of the interstate with 18 wheelers flying by with a bottle neck?? Not a fun thing...
Old 10-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #19

Location: Close to North / South Carolina border and Blue Ridge Mountains
Thanks - good idea - I already have a small floor jack.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #20

I've jacked mine up with a small floor jack but wouldn't trust it. I have 3 ton floor jack at the house that's stout enough but it's too big to carry around. I think a bottle jack is the only way to go. I got a 6T from walmart for pretty cheap and put it under the rear seat then threw the screw jack from the truck away.

Jason and Billie
2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 4X4, QC/SB 5.9L Cummins
15k non-sliding Hidden Hitch (they lied, it's not hidden at all)
2011 Prime Time Crusader 320RLT
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is online now   Reply With Quote