Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2017, 03:29 PM   #1

Mattress suggestions

We have a 2015 Lacrosse, our sofa bed mattress is super thin and uncomfortable, we are looking to replace it, what do you actually suggest, have been looking in Amazon but they have so many to choose from I am all confused. I measured the mattress there now and is 48"x64". Most likely I will have to cut it to fit, but trying to see if anyone has any suggestions or someone might have bought one they can refer me to.
Thanks
loly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:09 AM   #2

Hello, loly50,
We own a 2013 Lacrosse as well, and have the same issue. We couldn't find any upgrade that would work without modifying it. Others look as if would not fold back to a couch easily. We decided to skip it and bought 2 folding cots for the kids. We have the 327 RES.
Sorry not much help....
That there is an RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:28 AM   #3

Maybe a memory foam mattress topper would help...but not sure how you will fold the couch up with it ...maybe you have a place to roll it up and store it till night time...
My Steelpony....2007 HD Ultra Classic...done up in a memorial to the 343 firefighters who died 9/11
Never Ever Forget....yes I was a Volunteer FF for 20 years........
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:35 AM   #4

We replaced our worthless 2.5 inch mattress with 4.5 inch memory foam mattress. We did have to cut to fit but it does fold into the couch. What a world of difference. I think we bought from Wayfair (?) for full size hide-a-bed. I think 2.5 inch is firm and the other two inches is memory. It also came with a mattress cover.
djeirlessr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by That there is an RV View Post
Hello, loly50,
We own a 2013 Lacrosse as well, and have the same issue. We couldn't find any upgrade that would work without modifying it. Others look as if would not fold back to a couch easily. We decided to skip it and bought 2 folding cots for the kids. We have the 327 RES.
Sorry not much help....

Thank you so much, for taking the time to answer me.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpony5555 View Post
Maybe a memory foam mattress topper would help...but not sure how you will fold the couch up with it ...maybe you have a place to roll it up and store it till night time...
Thank you, I have been researching and think I might go with that.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:34 PM   #7
Always Learning

For our sofa bed, we use an air mattress and a mattress topper. We fold up the air mattress and use one of the space/vacuum bags to suck the mattress topper down to a small size. Our in-laws say it's comfortable and they visit fairly often.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeirlessr View Post
We replaced our worthless 2.5 inch mattress with 4.5 inch memory foam mattress. We did have to cut to fit but it does fold into the couch. What a world of difference. I think we bought from Wayfair (?) for full size hide-a-bed. I think 2.5 inch is firm and the other two inches is memory. It also came with a mattress cover.

I have been looking in Amazon and there are quite a few of the memory foam toppers. I think I might go with that, as I have read a lot of the reviews and they say it does fold into the sofa bed. When you use yours do you still feel the metal bar of the sofa bed?.

Thanks for taking the time to answer me.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
For our sofa bed, we use an air mattress and a mattress topper. We fold up the air mattress and use one of the space/vacuum bags to suck the mattress topper down to a small size. Our in-laws say it's comfortable and they visit fairly often.
Another great idea... Tks
Old 03-01-2017, 03:44 PM   #10
Always Learning

And actually - you could probably use the existing super uncomfortable mattress on top of the air bed AS the mattress topper.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:20 PM   #11

I don't know if this will work in your situation but on our home sleeper sofa we replaced the mattress with one from a company called Air Dream.

Basically it is a mattress with an air mattress on top that you blow up when sofa is folded out. Then deflate and the whole mattress is smaller making it easy to fold in.
2012 Rockwood 2109S (Sold)
2014 Cougar X-Lite 21RBS

wbdvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:07 PM   #12

https://www.originalmattress.com
Will custom make a matress. Haven't done it myself but have friends that are very happy with thiers
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by loly50 View Post
I have been looking in Amazon and there are quite a few of the memory foam toppers. I think I might go with that, as I have read a lot of the reviews and they say it does fold into the sofa bed. When you use yours do you still feel the metal bar of the sofa bed?.

Thanks for taking the time to answer me.

Not really but my DW and me don't sleep on it but when we put it on the couch I laid on it and didn't feel the bars. I weigh 242 pounds.
djeirlessr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:16 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by M109Rrider View Post
https://www.originalmattress.com
Will custom make a matress. Haven't done it myself but have friends that are very happy with thiers
I just re-read the OP and realized you were talked about a sofa-bed. This probably wouldn't work for you.
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote