Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #1

Maxxair

I am thinking about installing a maxxfan in my 3150bhs tracer in the kitchen area instead of the bathroom. There is no pre-wired power to that vent, but there is a light about 2-4 inches in front of it. I don't know if I can access the wires without ripping the whole vent out. Anyone have any experience with this? How did you "tap in" to the light? Any pics? I don't want to rip the whole vent out just to find out that I can get to the wires. I would rather put a powerful fan in the kitchen rather than the bathroom. Thoughts? Thanks for your help in advance.
jcoff2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoff2003 View Post
I am thinking about installing a maxxfan in my 3150bhs tracer in the kitchen area instead of the bathroom. There is no pre-wired power to that vent, but there is a light about 2-4 inches in front of it. I don't know if I can access the wires without ripping the whole vent out. Anyone have any experience with this? How did you "tap in" to the light? Any pics? I don't want to rip the whole vent out just to find out that I can get to the wires. I would rather put a powerful fan in the kitchen rather than the bathroom. Thoughts? Thanks for your help in advance.
I added a maxxfan to our 230FBS in the bedroom area, I just tapped into the light fixture. Prime Time sent me a print of the roof showing where the framing is located. Our roof is frame 16'' on center, I did pull down the light in the bedroom to make sure the framing was where its suppose to be. Took about 2 hours to install new vent.
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #3
2012 Micro Lite 21 FBRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoff2003 View Post
I would rather put a powerful fan in the kitchen rather than the bathroom. Thoughts?
I think that would be a great idea. Maybe help keep cooking odors out of the camper too. Hood vents are not that great. Maybe you should think about the "reversable" model so that you could bring in fresh air thru the kitchen, and open a bathroom "vent" to extract bathroom moisture/odor. (Did I just say that right? LOL)
Old 06-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #4

That is kinda my thought. How did you tap in to the light power. In-line splice? Solder?
jcoff2003 is offline   Reply With Quote