Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2015, 03:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoRick View Post
That's so true...I've always loved doing handyman stuff and find my carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical skills do come in very handy. (Saving me money and also peace of mind knowing something was done right.)

There's even a Handyman monthly magazine that I subscribed to for years that's a great way to learn things. (And, these days, just about every problem known to man can be found fixed on a Youtube video!!)
I agree with both of you after eight years of full timing. But I don't always have the tools or time or skills to do what needs to be done and seek out independent service dealers with a discoverable track record. Often they are also mobile techs. They rely on their reputation and take pride in doing good work. I hate to say this because they also seem to be able to get to the work I need done sooner than dealers.
StoneyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Thanks - I'll be on the outlook for it. What are the symptoms?
Obsessing over camping during the off season...for me

:HeadB angingonComput
grumpyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:32 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeman View Post
Stormrider151, I also was a chief officer and my men always came first. My last day I had supper at my old station and my wife picked me up afterwards. While walking from the house to the truck it felt like 500 lbs lifted off my back. Still miss the job, the adrenalin rush and the people I worked with, after going on 13 years of retirement. Stay safe Now back to regular scheduled programming.
I know the feeling well.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:31 PM   #24
nosaint3

I had a mobile guy work with FR with the understanding that I pay him and FR pays me all but transportation cost of $80. I had to show him how to install a water pump since he wanted to go to the store and buy whatever he said he needed. Never again with him.
There is a guy in Michigan that I would hire and pay anytime.
nosaint3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:48 AM   #25

We bought a 2015 Sabre 5th Wheel in December - packed it - then left for Florida. It was the "maiden voyage"!! Well of course there were issues. The biggest was a water leak - a big time water leak. We called Gary Grimsby at Goshen, IN and got prior approval for our warranty to accept THE MOBIL GUY!! The mobile guy told us that FR does not like "mobile guys"!! We tried to go to a FR dealer in West Palm, but he told us he only worked on RV's that he sold!! So the Mobile Guy came and fixed the leak (bathroom sink was never attached to the drain -or - it came apart during the travel) to the tune of $500 and change!! They do charge a drive up fee before they even touch your RV ($95). But we paid him up front and our dealer back home mailed us a check. The other issues we have we are taking to the Dealer on Monday as we are back home, they were small enough that we could live with them!!
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:24 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeslover View Post
when I called his office his wife advised me that he used to work for this dealer where my camper is going and decided to go in business for himself.. unfortuntly, its hard to research his work...no websites at all... anyways, am i better off with mobile repair?
Yankeeslover, so google turned up nothing on the guy? Try this review website. It has pretty good feedback for my area, but I do live near a major metro.

RV Service Reviews
Old 04-19-2015, 11:10 PM   #27

: SLEEP......OCD cure.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, repair