Old 03-23-2019, 11:05 PM   #1
SPRING IS COMING!!!

Mounting Television on Bedroom wall

Hi all,

DW brought home a 24" television today for me to install in the bedroom in our Avenger.

We have a power outlet and an antenna jack on the Driver's side rear wall, facing forward. I can feel where there seems to be a board or something hiding behind the paneling that I'm assuming is a mounting location for a TV.

How or what is the best way to mount the television mount to the wall? Just use wood screws to attach the TV mounting bracket to the wall, or should I use some type of anchors on this plate? Just don't want the thing to fall off the wall!!

Also, she got a wall mounting kit as well, which I think will work, as it locks the TV to the mounting bracket on the wall, so it shouldn't bounce off while driving. Are there any RV specific mounts out there that would be better to use instead?

Thanks!

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS, pushing a 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax w/ Allison 1000

BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:14 PM   #2

If it is the same as my Prime Time Crusader then yes there is a backer board where the electrical outlet and coax connection are. Be aware that the backer may not go all the way to the ceiling. If you drill and hit a hollow wall you may need to move down. I used 1/4" lag screws but they need to be fairly short because the wall is only about 1 1/2" thick and you might poke through and ruin paneling on the other side. I think I used lag screws that were maybe 1" to 1 1/4" long. Start with a small drill bit in case you miss the backer the first time. ( like I did). A stud finder might be helpful.

old mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:32 PM   #3
SPRING IS COMING!!!

Old mechanic,

Thanks for the reply!

I actually got the TV mounted yesterday, since nobody responded, I went at it on my own.

I got my electronic stud finder, and mapped out where the backer plate was located, then mounted the TV bracket with some 1/4"x 1 lag bolts. Seems to be pretty solid so far!

Thanks again!

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS, pushing a 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax w/ Allison 1000

BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:20 PM   #4

My hubby found a ceiling bracket in an RV parts catalogue. Wonder if anyone has installed one of these? We have a Crusader 5th wheel and really no wall space to install a wall mount, so this ceiling one that drops down would be ideal! Any tips would be great! Thanks!
DebChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:03 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebChuck View Post
My hubby found a ceiling bracket in an RV parts catalogue. Wonder if anyone has installed one of these? We have a Crusader 5th wheel and really no wall space to install a wall mount, so this ceiling one that drops down would be ideal! Any tips would be great! Thanks!
My PrimeTime TracerAir came with a ceiling drop-down bracket, in the bedroom. Works great.
You could check with PT and see if it would work in your Crusader.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:10 AM   #6

I'm not sure what you could mount to on the ceiling. Most of these rigs have an aluminum frame work and I suppose you could use a stud finder and mount to that but I would try to get a more expert opinion before you start drilling.
old mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 01:37 AM   #7

Most have aluminum vertical studs but many have wood trusses, usually 16" on center. If your roof gives a little when you walk on it, it's likely wood truss.

Tags
bed, mount, roo, television