Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #1

MWR campgrounds

On my trip to camp lejeune to pick up my returning marine I have made reservations at the onslow beach mwr RV park. Has anyone stayed there before? Tips on things to do/ places to see on day trips? His return window is 10 days long so could have lots of spare time waiting! Even retired it is hurry up and wait!

To all the pilots I see on the forum, I am bringing a retired army apache pilot into the rv world (kicking and screaming as he is a lover of hotel camping) he already has 50 pages of checklists and his "black binder" BIG SIGH!!!!! It's our first RV so I see pages and pages in our future. It looks like he will be a great addition to the pilot deep boot club..... LOL. Can't wait to meet you y'all down the road. He is currently a charter pilot flying CRJ's and tiny helo's so he will join me as he can. I am a writer and in a women's ministry so I travel to write. We have 2 crazy border collies that travel with. And occasional grand kids . We discourage their parents from coming along LOL. We have 10 kids so it is a lot of hiding to stay away from them.

Happy memorial day! Don't forget to thank a Veteran and raise a glass in their honor! Keep the MIA in your hearts as well! See you down the road.

Michelle
2012 Crusader 320
2008 F250 diesel
Ford F250 4x4
Prime Time Crusader 320RLT Touring Edition
2013 days 7
Mpwelch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

I highly recommend the site and software provided by www.usmilitarycampgrounds.com

Run by a retired military guy; is it totally free and supported by selling his software to actually post to his site regarding your experience at each campground.

Onslow Beach Campsites and Recreation Area
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #3

I do belong to his site! It's great. I told him he needs to make an app as I use an iPad! He said maybe one day! Thanks for the reminder.
Ford F250 4x4
Prime Time Crusader 320RLT Touring Edition
2013 days 7
Mpwelch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou

I offered to do it for free; but he was burned by the guy who wrote the Windows front end for his database.

My big mistake was offering to do it for free. Now he thinks I was trying to rip him off somehow. The way the Apple Development site works we would both get paid each time it was downloaded and we could still use the annual subscription service for continuing cash flow. It sounded too good to be true to him. <sigh> No good deed...

As a Windows user he was not familiar with Apple products.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
290RLT with 06 Ram Diesel

Welcome appache

Hey.......another pilot.........scouts here. Have not been to the LeJune CG but jus stayed at the Navy Cheatem Annex in Williamsburg VA.........good campground (old section) and great location. Also stayed in the CG at Seymore Johnson AFB......small but OK. Great golf rates. The Best was tdhe CG at Charleston AFB. New facilities and another great location. Then went down to Mcdill AFB in St. Pete (first week in July).......the mosquitos were awful!!!!!.........had to leave. Big RV park.....300 sites. Our 290RLT did fine on the 2000+ miles with no issues.
AeroScout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad